How Can I Stop Blockbuster@home From Sending Me DVD's?

SpencerCat

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
I recently terminated my Dish Network service, which included Blockbuster@home service.

Blockbuster@home is still sending me DVD’s, so I called Dish Network to ask them to stop sending me movies; I might have to pay for them, and I don't want to.

Call to Dish #1:
The system recognized my phone as belonging to a former customer, so there was no menu option to talk with anyone. “0” did not work, either. :rolleyes:

Call to Dish #2:
I selected the option indicating that I was NOT a former customer, figuring that would get me to a CSR, which it did. She told me that I had to call 1-800-333-3474 in order to stop the Blockbuster@home movies. When I told her that I had already called that number and had been unable to talk to anyone, she told me that she would transfer me and ensure that I would be able to talk to a person. She transferred me, and I got the same damned menu that I had gotten on Call #1. :mad:

Call to Dish #3:
I selected the option that I wanted to reactivate my account, figuring that way I would get a real person, and I did. She told me that in order to deactivate Blockbuster@home, I would have to go to the Blockbuster@home website and deactivate it there. :(

I went to the Blockbuster@home website, attempted to login, and received the following message:
“Your DISH Network account is currently inactive. Click here to activate your account.” :mad: :mad: :mad:

If Blockbuster@home wants to continue sending me DVD’s, that’s fine, but I don’t want to pay for them.

Perhaps a DIRT team member can help me out? :confused:

Sheesh, this is frustrating.

Richard

At the bottom of the main page is a Help link. You can send an e-mail to BB@Home or it says to call the main Dish number (you can access this without login). Sending an e-mail and having a copy may prevent being charged since you already cancelled.

Once your service was terminated, any agreements with Blockbuster@home regarding sending you DVDs were also terminated. It is not your fault that the right hand within Dish/Blockbuster doesn't know what the left hand is doing. If they continue to send you DVDs, you are under no legal obligation to pay for them. This has been the law since 1970 (no company is allowed to send you merchandise without your permission and then bill you for it). Ethically, you should send the DVDs back as long as it doesn't cost you anything to do so. But they cannot charge you for them without your permission. That is clearly illegal.

Once your service was terminated, any agreements with Blockbuster@home regarding sending you DVDs were also terminated. It is not your fault that the right hand within Dish/Blockbuster doesn't know what the left hand is doing. If they continue to send you DVDs, you are under no legal obligation to pay for them. This has been the law since 1970 (no company is allowed to send you merchandise without your permission and then bill you for it). Ethically, you should send the DVDs back as long as it doesn't cost you anything to do so. But they cannot charge you for them without your permission. That is clearly illegal.

Exactly. If they try to collect, report to your local postmaster. It falls under the jurisdiction of the Postal Inspector. They will make it clear to Dish/Blockbuster that they are out of luck. Those discs belong to you. No Charge!

I put Dish on Vacation hold. Dish says Blockbuster will not send Discs. I get e-mails from Blockbuster that they have sent a disc. My mail will be on hold when the disc arrives. I even had emptied my Blockbuster Que and they still send a Disc. It will be in the post office for a couple of months. So I call Dish and they say I won't be charged for the Disc. I hope not. The disc they sent to was a short wait disc. So they now have 1 less copy of it for 2 months. The Dish CSR says they sent a stop order to Blockbuster. The Blockbuster CSR says ther is no such possibility to put subscription on vacation hold an I am responsible. What a mess.

When you get back home,you send the disk back to blockbuster. They won't send you anymore disks, till they get the other one back first. There is no late fees or fines for keeping the disks, as long as you want to. If the disks comes up missing , you report that you never got it in the first place. So stop worrying about it and go with the flow.:music:

I am having the same issue with Blockbuster,canceled months ago but I am still receiving movies in my que.I talked to CSR they were supposed to notify blockbuster,but nothing changed still getting movies.I cant online and change ques as it say account no longer activated.So I guess my choice is to keep the movie or send back and keep receiving new movies until que is empty..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts