how can just take a team from you?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Here's a doozie of a blackout rule.....I'm in Hawaii and we are blacked out for ALL CA teams even though of course we are nowhere close to CA and a 6 hour, ~$500 flight away over miles of ocean!!! :eek2: How is that even explained or comprehended??? :confused:

"Oh darn, my 49ers are blacked out this Sunday, let me hop in my plane and head on over to the stadium and buy a ticket to help them out"........isn't that what the rule was intended for? puh-leeze!

In a word, yes. Territorial rules were created to protect advertisers and ticket holders.

I just got an email from Directv and because I am such a good customer they are giving me a comlementery subsciption to the Nba league Pass this year that is not renewable. That means i pay for it if I want it next year (2013-2014).

i been with direcTV i think 15 years, and they never give me anything for free, hehe and my bill isn't cheap!

Something doesnt sound right as a Honolulu zip gives you a s**t load of teams

The 96801 ZIP Code is in the home team territory for the following pro teams. With HD Access select channels and teams available in HD are noted below:

Channel FSWHD692
FS West HD
Angels
Los Angeles Kings

Channel PT693
Prime Ticket
Anaheim Ducks
Dodgers
Los Angeles Clippers

Channel FSSD694
FS San Diego
Padres

Channel CSNBHD696
Comcast SportsNet Bay Area HD
Giants
Golden State Warriors

Channel CSCA698
Comcast SportsNet California HD

Athletics
Sacramento Kings

and havent 49er games been sold out since like 1984?
(actually 49er games CANT be blacked out in Hawaii as they are further than 75 miles away) ;)

I'm talking about if a game isn't sold out in the local market, then it's blacked out. So like you're saying, with THAT many teams in the CA market (which Hawaii shouldn't be part of), then anytime the game doesn't sell out, it's blacked out here. My contention is that we SHOULDN'T be in that market, so we'd be considered "Out of Market" and thus wouldn't be blacked out, allowing us to watch that game. Does that make more sense?

Plus, I only used the 49ers as an example. I'm an Eagles fan, so I'm not blacked out, thank God. It only effects me when any of my Philly teams plays the CA teams which has happened with the Phillies especially. It could be any CA team from any sport in my example.

Hmm another Eagles fan.:eek:k:

Something sure does sound wrong with you being blacked out though.Even as the crow flies your way more than 75mi from any team in California.

I just got an email from Directv and because I am such a good customer they are giving me a comlementery subsciption to the Nba league Pass this year that is not renewable. That means i pay for it if I want it next year (2013-2014).

Keep in mind that NEXT YEAR, you'll want to contact them BEFORE the season starts IF you want to cancel it for that year, these ARE AUTO RENEW subs.

Teehar said:
Hmm another Eagles fan.:eek:k:

Something sure does sound wrong with you being blacked out though.Even as the crow flies your way more than 75mi from any team in California.

Tell me about it :/

I'm talking about if a game isn't sold out in the local market, then it's blacked out. So like you're saying, with THAT many teams in the CA market (which Hawaii shouldn't be part of), then anytime the game doesn't sell out, it's blacked out here. My contention is that we SHOULDN'T be in that market, so we'd be considered "Out of Market" and thus wouldn't be blacked out, allowing us to watch that game. Does that make more sense?

Plus, I only used the 49ers as an example. I'm an Eagles fan, so I'm not blacked out, thank God. It only effects me when any of my Philly teams plays the CA teams which has happened with the Phillies especially. It could be any CA team from any sport in my example.

Only the NFL uses sellouts as a rule for their blackouts. In any other sport, attendance does not matter. It's strictly based on territory.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)