How come? FSC and Fuel

mmc-dsm

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 10, 2006
Sorry if it was discussed before.

How come FSC and Fuel are in the top 120 and not top 200? Aren't you suppose to have everything the top 120 has in the top 200?

Again, AT120 and AT120+ are two separate packages. 120+ carries additional sports channels and costs $10.00 more per month than AT120.

Last edited:
I can't look to actually check if correct but what he is asking... Why does top 120+ have Fuel and FSC while top 200 does not.

I can't look to actually check if correct but what he is asking... Why does top 120+ have Fuel and FSC while top 200 does not.

Exactly. He wasn't asking about the difference between AT 120 and 120+. The dish website lists a few channels in 120+ that they don't list in 200. I don't know if they really aren't carried or if that is just another Dish website problem. I do think it is a valid question to ask why channels in 120+ aren't included in 200 though.

well its a moot point..those 2 channels will be "disappearing" as part of a Fox channel reorg (not sure when..but I think fuel will be fox sports 2 and FSC will carry ladies figure skating(cus the lost soccer) )

That's a very good question. I started to reply that it was a web site screwup, but the printed guides that are available don't show FSC and Fuel in the T120 though I now they are in the T120+. But the printed guides do show that they are not in the T200, but are 2 of the added channels for the T250. I can't check to see if they are actually in the T200 as I'm a T250 subscriber.

That doesn't make good sense at all to me.

well its a moot point..those 2 channels will be "disappearing" as part of a Fox channel reorg (not sure when..but I think fuel will be fox sports 2 and FSC will carry ladies figure skating(cus the lost soccer) )

As of Sep. 1, FSC will become FXX (like FX2), and will have "It's Always Sunny" and "The League" as anchors around programming for "young adults" (males 18-34 of course, like everything else).

The remaining soccer content (Champion's Leauge) will move to the new sports network Fox Sports 1.

It could still be to early to speculate but any idea what package this will be in ... I'm thinking 250...hopefully top 200

What package is fsc in now???

fox is about to reboot their cable division, with Fox Movie Channel getting rebranded to FXM and becoming the FX movie channel while Fox Soccer Channel will be phased out to make room for FXX which will be the new home of all of FX's comedy shows becoming a true competitor for Viacom's Comedy Central and Time Warner's TBS (as it's comedy oriented) and FX itself will become a true competitor to Time Warner's TNT and NBC Universal's USA (which is mostly drama oriented outside of WWE and Psych and some comedy movies) and Speed becomes Fox Sports 1 and Fuel may end UP as Fox Sports 2 to compete against the ESPN networks which is mostly owned by Disney with Hearst Corporation owning 20% of ESPN. meanwhile i'm sure Fox Soccer Plus will either fold or become Fox Sports 3 if they need an third channel to have extra sports events that can't air on Fox Sports 1 or Fox Sports 2 if those channels have a scheduling conflict with the extra events. meanwhile the Nat Geo channels, Fox News and Fox Business and Fox College Sports and the FSN regional networks will remain the same.

this could cause Fox to ask all providers to server the current agreement to make an new one to carry these channels in packages that everybody has. so Dish may have to have to deal with this and the auto-hop feature of hopper related lawsuits with Fox. and this isn't the first time Fox played dirty ball with Dish. remember the October 2010 dispute they had with Dish.

I know that some of the motor sports programming will end up on Fox sports 1 but not all. For the rest, where does it goes? Thought it would be Fuel, but it's likely to become Fox sports 2. I noticed some Speed shows are now on Velocity. Could it be the new home in the future and why the channel has changed package?

Velocity is owned by Discovery not Fox, so unless contracts change hands that programming won't be on Velocity. Motorsports that are currently contracted to Speed for Live Racing or 1st run programming will be split between FS1, FS2 and Fox.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts