How come some dishs pointing ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

john510

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 14, 2013
United States
How come I see some dishs in my neighborhood pointing one way that say directv on them and others pointing the same way but say DISHHD on them ? I know the some others point a different direction but see some with name brands pointing t e same direction?

The Dish satellites are in a different orbital slot. If you are looking at an eastern arc Dish setup, it points at 61.5 IIRC. The Directv dishes point at the 101 satellite.

The Dish satellites are in a different orbital slot. If you are looking at an eastern arc Dish setup, it points at 61.5 IIRC. The Directv dishes point at the 101 satellite.
I have about 10 houses within 1/2 mile of me one next door that has DISHHD dish unit set on a pole pointing in the same exact direction as the other neighbors Directv slimeline dish unit? don't they use a different satellite , or could he be using a DISHHD and have directv service?

It may look like the exact same direction, most likely not. Direct TV and the Dish Western ARC are approx in the same direction. The Dish Eastern Arc is in a different direction.

It may look like the exact same direction, most likely not. Direct TV and the Dish Western ARC are approx in the same direction. The Dish Eastern Arc is in a different direction.
I understand that in fact the guy next to him has a DISH HD dish and its pointing more south like others but a few are pointing the exact same direction as the directv 101 ? wonder if they flipped over from dish to directv and used the same dish,, heard people were doing that in the neighborhood

I understand that in fact the guy next to him has a DISH HD dish and its pointing more south like others but a few are pointing the exact same direction as the directv 101 ? wonder if they flipped over from dish to directv and used the same dish,, heard people were doing that in the neighborhood

They would have to use a Directv lnb on them. I don't know if they would easily fit on the Dish setup.

Not possible Dish and Direct use different tech.

It just looks the same direction. Directv uses 99, 101, 103 Dish and Directv both use 110 and 119 and Dish uses 129 in the western arc. Both dishes sitting next to each other from the street would look like they point the same way.

"Exact same direction", to the exact same angle? How did you confirm that? Your location says "United States". Want to narrow that down. Different parts of the nation make a difference (N-E-W-S) as well as E* arcs.

If you have ever fired a gun, a few millimeters at the sights makes a huge difference at the target. Close only counts in horseshoes!

Oy vay...
If standard practices are used in each installation, the answer is NO...
Dish has two arcs....Eastern 61.5, 72.7 and 77..Western 110, 119 129.
Direct has one arc...There are TWO setups...One for 99.101 and 103 this antenna is a SWM-3 or Slim line 3......Second setup is for those three plus 110 and 119. The is a slimline 5 or an SWM 5
Without some pretty significant gerry rigging, each providers antenna would be used for it's own delivery of programming.
No need at ask any further questions such as ones that being with "can't you just..."
It is my intention to be curt with you. Just stating the facts. Those facts should be compared to a sleeping dog. Let it lie there.

"Exact same direction", to the exact same angle? How did you confirm that? Your location says "United States". Want to narrow that down. Different parts of the nation make a difference (N-E-W-S) as well as E* arcs.

If you have ever fired a gun, a few millimeters at the sights makes a huge difference at the target. Close only counts in horseshoes!

Oh..How about tornadoes, hurricanes and nuclear bombs....If any of those 'just misses' you are Pvt Pyle in "Full Metal Jacket"....In a world of SH!T....LOL!!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts