How come some of our stations keep freezing up for and it happened with L755 on the 722K HD receiver

Chris Leer

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 8, 2010
Why is it that we have to keep unplugging our hd receiver in order to prevent it from freezing up all the time.

Hi Chris, you aren't the first person to have this problem. Be aware that for some, including myself, this problem ultimately lead to a crashed and dead receiver. If you have programming on your DVR and an EHD, back up your programs while you can. Other than that, I don't have a real answer. Watch out for that 3am update, that was the final nail in the coffin for my 722k.

Hey KAB, here is another one. Am I still "pulling the fire alarm"? A little over a week and the complaints are still coming in. We have experienced very similar problems. Maybe my claim might be gaining enough traction to have some investigation by Dish into this matter.

Chris Leer said:
Why is it that we have to keep unplugging our hd receiver in order to prevent it from freezing up all the time.

I had this problem a few years ago. Replaced the DVR and still had a problem. It turned out that this was actually the beginning of our TV dying.

We ended up having several power supply circuit boards replaced in the TV until the manufacturer finally replaced the TV.

Interesting thing is that we didn't experience any problems until we got the HD DVR. But it WAS the TV that was the culprit.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)