HipKat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 25, 2017
Pekin, IL
https://manuals.solidsignal.com/DPH42_Installation.pdf

the 2nd image is from before Wallys had dual tuners. Capture.JPG Capture1.JPG

With the dual tuner Wally update you can have a whopping 64 tuners total. So in theory 4 H3’s should be possible. Which I doubt dish will ever allow for one household. But in an apartment setting one dish can cover 32 apartments with Wally’s or 4 with H3’s. In theory of course.

Great post! I have been wondering whether I could keep my dish 500DP+ with side dish for 129. I get little or no rain fade and want to keep it that way when the VIP's go away.

Reactions: HipKat
I want 128 tuners

:banme
The 16 tuners in the Hopper 3 is a somewhat artificial limitation. They already accomplished the hard part, stacking every transponder from every satellite on a single cable. The maximum number of tuners you split that into is limited only by how much hardware you can cram in the box, and how good of a job your software team can do. In theory, with big and bad enough hardware, you could record every channel simultaneously.

And still not find anything you actually want to see.

I have been told before that technically the Hopper 3 can do more than 16 tuners.

Will they ever raise the limit? Who knows.
Wow. I can’t use all 16 tuners now. Can you imagine say 32 tuners? The Hopper 4 should have an increase in tuners or like I said before: let us have two tuners just for streaming videos. Then we could have two people in a household use Dish anywhere on two different screens at the same time. Like a fire tv stick on my sons tv and I could still watch mine on my phone at work all while my wife watches the actual hopper in the living room.

Wow. I can’t use all 16 tuners now. Can you imagine say 32 tuners? The Hopper 4 should have an increase in tuners or like I said before: let us have two tuners just for streaming videos. Then we could have two people in a household use Dish anywhere on two different screens at the same time. Like a fire tv stick on my sons tv and I could still watch mine on my phone at work all while my wife watches the actual hopper in the living room.
You can't use all the tuners now because of bad software design.

Somewhere around here I wrote up, in hopes that someone at Dish would see it, some proposed changes for more logical and efficient tuner usage that would also solve many bugs and usability issues with the Hopper 3.

Reactions: MikeD-C05

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)