How do Baltimore/ DC locals work? Do you get both?

gislands

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 29, 2013
California
With everything going on, it got me wondering... how do locals for Baltimore and DC work? Google maps tells me they are 38 miles apart...each with their own TV market. So obviously OTA you could get locals from both with a simple antenna and scan, especially if you lived in that magical 24 mile mark in between. I get that the transmitters are obviously not in the city center. So if you live in that in between zone do you chose? Could you possibly get both from Dish or Directv? I get you could get one city and add an antenna and scan for the other. Anyways, just curious. Oh also do the cable systems have both?
Just wondering.
GIslands

With Dish, you would get one set of locals only. Which locals will depend upon your zipcode. However, both locals are on the same spotbeam, so you could easily "move" to get the locals that you want. With an antenna, you should easily get both cities. Many of the cable systems, especially south of Baltimore, have both.

I have Dish and get DC locals via satellite. I also get Baltimore stations via my OTA antenna.

Reactions: navychop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)