How do I combine 2 scanner antennas going to one scanner?

outdoordog

May 30, 2009
MD, USA
I'm considering one of the 2 following options because most activity is on opposite sides of my house that has aluminum siding. I do get a lot of picket-fencing (mulitpath?) if I'm using that term correctly:

1) Combine the (RadioShack Model: 20-176) Outdoor VHF-Hi/UHF Scanner Antenna - RadioShack.com --and-- the Vertical Outdoor DPD Productions - 'TrainTenna' Railroad Radio Antennas

2) Combine two (RadioShack Model: 20-176) Outdoor VHF-Hi/UHF Scanner Antenna - RadioShack.com -- one would be placed on each side of my attic.

What type of combiner should be used? Would the same model of combiner be used in each case? What type of cable should I use? Should it be RG-58 Coax with BNC connectors? Currently I just have an Outdoor VHF-Hi/UHF Scanner Antenna (RadioShack Model: 20-176) placed indoors using Satellite coax with a BNC adapter at the scanner end and a PL59[?] adapter at the antenna end. I'm guessing just a better cable would improve my reception. I'm mainly listening to trains as a hobby & for traffic events that affect my commute.
Thanks.

This really isn't a correct question for this forum it has nothing to do with Digital OTA TV reception. I do agree with Oljim put it outside for best reception.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)