How do I deal with a shady MDU provider?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jam3s

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 24, 2008
So, after being transferred out of Home Services (yay!) and relocating to Denver, I've found that it is ridiculously difficult to get an installation at my new apartment. On one hand, I've got my apartment manager that is telling me that they have no problem with me throwing a dish up on my balcony. On the other hand, I've got DIRECTV telling me that they can't install in my building because the site's under contract with an MDU dealer, and the MDU dealer is telling me they wont install because they neglected to build the infrastructure out when the building was under construction - and they're telling me that I can't have my own dish because the building is under contract.

Being that I returned all of my gear with my van, I really don't want to pay out of pocket to self-install. So my question is, has anyone ever dealt with this issue before? Does anyone know who to contact to complain about an MDU issue? My apartment manager seems to want nothing to do with this (and I don't blame them), so I'm starting to run out of ideas.

If the manager allows it, you can install your own Dish.

I think there is a way to escalate it to Directv and say you want service and this dealer refuses to service you.

Or just get service at a friends house and move the system yourself.

Remember OTARD? Your manager can't prohibit you from putting whatever you want on your patio

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)