How do I delete a satellite?

loudbmw

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 5, 2006
Same problem every spring, leaves fill in and I loose my 119 feed to my 621 receiver. 110 location and 61.5 location wing dish work fine. I don't mind too much losing the 119 location as it's all std definition but apparently the guide info comes from that location. So now I see only one hour of the guide, the next seven days say "no info available".

Last summer I managed somehow to delete the 119 location from the system and the guide populated for the entire week, I forgot how I did it. Antenna is on the roof so I can't simply disconnect the 119 antenna.

Can this be done from the menu?

Thx

No. You can hit a aluminum foil over the 119 lnb , run a checkswitch and then it will only show 110/61.5. Let the guide data load and you will only have those two sats in your matrix and only the channels off of those two sats in your guide. Then you can take the foil off.

If he isn't seeing the 119 now, couldn't he just run the checkswitch without the tin foil?

This is correct. If you are not receiving signal from a particular satellite, when you run a "Check Switch" (Menu 6+1+1+Check Switch) the receiver will remove it from the list of sats its seeing.

Have you considered getting an "Eastern Arc" Dish (1000.4) to get all your channels from 61.5º, 72.7º and 77º

See ya
Tony

If he isn't seeing the 119 now, couldn't he just run the checkswitch without the tin foil?

Sure he could, but my advice works for any sat you want out of the configuration. Used to do this with the 129 lnb on my 1000.2 sat dish before the Ciel sat was launched to replace Echostar 5. I had a side sat for 61.5 plugged in to take the place of 129.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts