How do I find Sling Adapter Password with L686 722DVR Software?

Admaker96

Original poster
Sep 5, 2011
Southwest USA
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've been trying to figure out how to find out the password to my Sling Adapter. I've tried what I've found in the forums and online but most of those are for L685 software and before. I've found out that the L686 software is on my 722 DVR. I have tried the source code trick but now information has been found and it seems that the L686 updates something to do with Sling Adapter. Thanks in advance.

Not sure what you're saying..

The password *is* still there in the source code of the Dish Online pages.. did you find that password? and if so... where did you attempt to put it to use?

Last edited:
Your log on and password should be what you use to log onto Dishnet.com.

But ther question is the software. L676 is/was the latest. Anyone know if 686 is new and if so, what is changed?

But ther question is the software. L676 is/was the latest. Anyone know if 686 is new and if so, what is changed?

Software Release Notes week of 7/18
ViP 722k - L686 (continued Roll-Out)

Adaptive streaming support for IPVOD, Sling Adapter updates, Misc stability fixes

sorry that's not what I meant with "Not sure what you're saying"

Our OP made statements that they'd found other posts ... a presumption (my bad?) of something like this: http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...ingplayer-needs-new-password.html#post2553384 where it explains that the password is in the source code of the web pages for DishOnline

The only further advice is that depending on where you click on the page, you can find different frames or sections that have their own source that returns rather than the page whole. And I found that the more reliable place .. was to click in the white space between the icon on the right side where it shows me my DVR ... and the button below that "Refresh" ... so right click in that white space area ... View Source ... and your sling password should be encoded in the page
Code:
5D=1&protocol_version=43&receiver_id=XXXXXXXXXXXXX&  rose=READY&
sd_mins=20330&sd_total=21000&slingbox_direct_connect=0&
  slingbox_id=XXXXXXXXXXXXX&slingbox_ip_port=0&
slingbox_password=XXXXXXXXXXXXX&  slingbox_tuner=1&
slingbox_user=admin&status=2&tv_tuner=0&
 version=L685RMKD-N
just like right there, where I put XXXX in for "slingbox_password"

So... if the OP did in fact find that ... did in fact get that password.. and it didn't work.. where was OP trying to use it ... etc..

I think the OP must have a 722k based on his firmware, since L676 is current for the 722, plus L720 came out on July 13 with no release notes whatsoever. (I have a 722 w/L676.) I furthermore think TG2 must be right in his expose of the password, because you certainly don't need to know it if you're struggling to get your Sling Adapter working via DO. I speculate the OP is trying to see something using an old standalone player, and for that you need the Sling Adapter password.