How do I gain acess to "FTA/MPEG2"?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mchomicz

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
"FTA/MPEG2 - Whats up there" empty forum?

I requested to join the "FTA/MPEG2 - Whats up there?" forum and as far as I can tell - I'v been accepted. But every time I go to take a look to see what the forum is all about, how it operates etc - I'm told there has NEVER been a single post there. That doesn't seem right. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Michael

You aren't in yet. A moderator needs to help your cause. perhaps tomorrow?

mchomicz said:
I requested to join the "FTA/MPEG2 - Whats up there?" forum and as far as I can tell - I'v been accepted. But every time I go to take a look to see what the forum is all about, how it operates etc - I'm told there has NEVER been a single post there. That doesn't seem right. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Michael

I've requested twice in the past and they never replied. I even IMed one of the mods listed and never got a reply. Maybe they don't want me :(

I have applied before too, I'm just a lurker but if I could actually see a bunch of the wild feeds and channels that pop up I would probably end up getting an FTA setup. I love this forum though keep up the good work everybody.

Everyone who has requested entrance was either accepted or denied. Most have been accepted and should be able to see it. However, the main reason people get denied is due to lack of posts. Since this is a secure area, we cannot let everyone in. When it first opened, almost everyone was let in. The main rule of that area is "unless you are the finder (the original poster), what is posted here stays here." Unfortunately, we had some people post the new finds that we found over the net. Can't have that happen. Most of the time when we approve someone now, we spot check their previous posts so know we can trust someone.

Another reason is people who do not have a FTA system. I can't let someone in who doesn't have a FTA system. If they are thinking of getting one and want to see what is mainly on there, most of the stuff that is FTA can be found at www.lyngsat.com

Hope everyone understands and if you have a question, feel free to PM me

How do I get access to "Whats up there"

I have applied for access 3 times, and was just wondering...what do I need to do to gain access. I have been in FTA for approx 2 yrs + and a member of other FTA groups since I started. Any suggestion?

sharris said:
I have applied for access 3 times, and was just wondering...what do I need to do to gain access. I have been in FTA for approx 2 yrs + and a member of other FTA groups since I started. Any suggestion?

read the post right above yours :)

For those that aren't 'in' (myself included), there are some Yahoo groups that rattle off feeds fairly regualrly. A lot of it is analog and or C-band so you kind of have to take what you can get.

http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/backhaul/ - I've been pointed to quite a few baseball games so far on this one.

I find the Fox News Washington Feed to be quite humerous at times. Watching the correspondant yell at the crew and 2 seconds later he's 'on-air' and puts on the the straight face and delivers the news. I have a pretty funny clip I recorded.

I guess the risk of advertising finds in the open is the risk that word will get back to Dish / BEV / whoever that someone messed up and turned off the crypto. The net effect is they'll fix it and those that found it won't get to watch the find as long.

I have no problems with your policies Iceberg, was just wondering, thanx. I guess I will have to post more to get in. I am a True FTA enthusiast and appreciate the lengths you are going thru. Its much the same for one of the other sites that I belong to...out there and because of its policy I won't mention its name.

Sharris

freevu dcd 2000, twinhan 1020a, digiwave 7000, 30" wineguard.

Request for entrance to "Whats up there"

Iceburg,
This is my request to gain access into "Whats Up Threre". What do I need to do? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks....

Al

voomvoom said:
Iceburg,
This is my request to gain access into "Whats Up Threre". What do I need to do? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks....

Al
There is a 'CLICK HERE' link from the main FTA forum and inside you'll see a link to join where it asks why you want in. There isn't any notification if you were declined, the forum will just continue to look blank.

Shawn

I noticed the thread was closed :)

any request is looked at and either accepted or denied within 24 hours...weekends excluded because sometimes we are not on.

There are only 2 people who approce or deny, and that is myself & PSB...so we will get to all, but it may take a day or so:)

How do I gain access to "FTA/MPEG2"?

I have applied NUMEROUS times to this forum but I for some reason or another nothing ever happens. I have sent some private messages in the past to some "mods" to no avail. I'm pretty frustrated, what do I have to do to get into this friggn' forum? :strike:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)