How do I get a deal expanding rooms????

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kgetch

Original poster
Dec 15, 2004
OK, I've had directv for 3 years now in only 2 rooms. I want to add 2 more for my kids, get an HD receiver for my new HD ready TV and add a Tivo. I call Directv as ask about cost and get $50 per regular receiver, $350 for the HD set up and another $50 for Tivo plus shipping - that's $500!!!! I ask about better pricing and get, "This is it".

Now I see ads all over the place for new installs, up to 5 rooms for free, plus "x" months of free HBO and various free gifts. Apparently they don't want to keep the customers they have? :mad: Any suggestions on getting a better deal...can I cancel my service and start up again as a new customer?

Thanks for looking!

Ken

you will have a hard time signing up for a new account. you might want to try dish network as a new customer. they have a low up front cost and now has name based recording with the 522. if you are against dish, you will most likely have to eat the cost.

kgetch said:
OK, I've had directv for 3 years now in only 2 rooms. I want to add 2 more for my kids, get an HD receiver for my new HD ready TV and add a Tivo. I call Directv as ask about cost and get $50 per regular receiver, $350 for the HD set up and another $50 for Tivo plus shipping - that's $500!!!! I ask about better pricing and get, "This is it".

Now I see ads all over the place for new installs, up to 5 rooms for free, plus "x" months of free HBO and various free gifts. Apparently they don't want to keep the customers they have? :mad: Any suggestions on getting a better deal...can I cancel my service and start up again as a new customer?

Thanks for looking!

Ken
Call and ask to speak to customer retention, i doubt very much they will want to lose you, they have come thru for many people here

Retention got me a great deal on my HD receiver when I told them that the local cable company here had an awesome deal with HD and DVR in one receiver.

I wouldn't ever go to the cable company though. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)