How do I get my new tv to display 1920x1080 on my computer?

I recall Vizio 47" Galevia (1080p) doesn't support the resolution when you using VGA input[HD-15]. Perhaps your model too.
Try to get EDID ( search here for the keyword and you'll find a program or URL ).

Go to the nvidia control panel. Go to Display/Change Flat Panel Scaling. There is an option there to select your display.

Whenever I go to the nvidia options, it only says that I have the HP monitor hooked up, I even went in and tried to change the resolution manually

I recall Vizio 47" Galevia (1080p) doesn't support the resolution when you using VGA input[HD-15]. Perhaps your model too.
Try to get EDID ( search here for the keyword and you'll find a program or URL ).

I searched EDID but found nothing concrete, what exactly is it?

Most I have seen only do 1080i through he regular VGA connector. Get a DVI-HDMI cable and go from the DVI connector on video card and you should get 1080P.

Delete the HP display from the device manager and reboot (I'm guessing it's still in there if the driver is seeing it). Windows will find the display when it boots up, so there should be no problems doing this - especially if you are saying it still is registering the old display.

If that isn't it - then you can delete the video driver, reboot and reinstall it.

That card is not a card, its an integrated motherboard video solution found on a box built computer like an hp or dell or on a laptop. Onboard video is not good for anything more than simple 2d games and basic youtube video's and it most likely is the reason why you can't see the tv. If your running a desktop pc and it has a PCIE slot then get a decent nvidia video card such as an 8800gtx and install it, it will be a better way to go than onboard video and offer more resolution options.

I recently got THIS t.v. Walmart.com: Vizio 42" Class Eco 1080p LCD HDTV, VO420E: TVs

When hooked up to my computer, everything runs fine but my P.C. still thinks its my old HP monitor I had hooked up; thus only letting me run my computer in 1440.etc.

How can I make it so my computer recognizes my new tv, and let it run it in 1920x1080??

Thanks all...
What's the actual resolution it is running in, not just the 1440?

The max output on that is 1920x1440 at 75hz, so perhaps it's ouputting that which is more than the resolution you want.

I bought this cheap card and it did 1920x1080p with sound via HDMI just fine:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121259&Tpk=eah%203450

You don't need a $100+ video card to do what you want, hence my suggestion over the Nvidia GTX model (which I also have and it's overkill). You'd likely need another power supply if you bought that one - and you need a ton of room in your case to fit it in.

For $20 after rebate you get a simple solution if you are just wanting to watch your computer on your HDTV. You need the right slot (PCI-e), and it looks like you have one on your motherboard according to this site:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/mobo_gpu_tech_specs.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts