How do I get the best new customer deal from DISH?

TN Billy

Original poster
Jul 20, 2012
Tennessee
When I call Direct, I expect they will refuse to give me free HD and DVR. When they do I will cancel and move to Dish. I currently have an old Tivo so I MUST have DVR. I will also be getting Am Top 250. I have a LR tv and 4 bedrooms and don't want to be limited to 3 tuners, so I think $200 for a second Hopper makes the most sense. Is that price correct? I am just looking to get the best system at the best price and greatly appreciate any and all advice/pointers to make that happen. Thanks for the help!!

Last edited:
I expect Direct will refuse to give me free HD and DVR. When they do I will cancel and move to Dish. I have a LR tv and 4 bedrooms, so I think 2 Hoppers makes the most sense. I think I will pay the extra $200 to get a second Hopper. Is that price correct? I am just looking to get the best system at the best price and greatly appreciate any and all advice/pointers to make that happen. Thanks for the help!!

Dish: DISH Channels and Programming | DISH TV Guide | MyDISH Customer Support

Currently, I honestly feel that Dish is usually cheaper especially in terms of base prices. I also find that Dish has several package options.

Welcome Pack $14.99 (usually not for first-time customers)
Dish Latino Basico $22.99
Family $24.99
Dish Latino Clasico $32.99
Dish America $34.99 "HD-only"
Dish Latino Plus $37.99 [starting package in Dish Latino eligible for HD Free for Life]
America's Top 120 $44.99 [starting package in America's Top eligible for HD Free for Life]
Dish Latino Dos $44.99
America's Top 120 Plus $49.99
Dish America Silver $49.99
Dish Latino Max $57.99
America's Top 200 $59.99
Dish America Gold $59.99
America's Top 250 $69.99
America's "Everything" Pak $104.99

DVR: $6/month (Note: 211 HD Solo receivers do not have a DVR fee and can optionally be integrated into DVRs with an external hard drive and a one-time $40 fee that covers all 211s on the account.)

http://commercial.dishnetwork.com/ca...r/default.aspx (for some reason the site is down)

I expect Direct will refuse to give me free HD and DVR. When they do I will cancel and move to Dish. I have a LR tv and 4 bedrooms and don't want to be limited to 3 tuners, so I think $200 for a second Hopper makes the most sense. Is that price correct? I am just looking to get the best system at the best price and greatly appreciate any and all advice/pointers to make that happen. Thanks for the help!!

You might try to CALL customer support and let them know you are looking at other options with someone else and and ask for a C/S Supervisor and explain how much you are displeased with the stations that have beeen canceled and to make up for it you would like a Hooper and Joey like the New First Time Customers like me just got on a 24 month Top 120 plan. I bet they may give you the up grade. I have had my DISH for 3 days and after 24 hours my Hooper was Really Warm and lost my signal. We went thru the process with on line customer service and they made a tech call to repair. 3 Days later........ grrrr . Best my wife could do online as she pleaded that we could not watch any TV for days then (I am retired) so I called C/S and explained and C/S said 3 days was the quickest, I finally had to ask for my money back and come get the Hooper etc. after a 30 second wait they scheduled a tech call the next (yesterday). They were there on time yesterday and they changed out everything. I have my siginal again and so far today everything is working. I want the Google Device to use my 55" flattscreen for my PC but I will wait and see if the Hooper and Joey will pass the test of being On all day every day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)