How Do I Get There From Here?

mickey8648

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
What I have: Three SD(301) and one HD (211) receiver. Dish 1000. Set up in four rooms.

What I wanted: To upgrade the 211 to a 622. Called Dish. Informed I would have to return the 211 and one of the 301's due to four tuner limit. I agreed even though it is physically impossible to hardwire a second TV in a different room (and it is a must here to have four TV sets running)) from the 622. Installer failed to show at the appointed time and I cancelled the order.

I can afford to purchase my own 622, but would Dish accomodate me and activate it? I still have 11 months remaining on my current contract. And what would I do with the 211?

I am totally confused.

Mickey

What I have: Three SD(301) and one HD (211) receiver. Dish 1000. Set up in four rooms.

What I wanted: To upgrade the 211 to a 622. Called Dish. Informed I would have to return the 211 and one of the 301's due to four tuner limit. I agreed even though it is physically impossible to hardwire a second TV in a different room (and it is a must here to have four TV sets running)) from the 622. Installer failed to show at the appointed time and I cancelled the order.

I can afford to purchase my own 622, but would Dish accomodate me and activate it? I still have 11 months remaining on my current contract. And what would I do with the 211?

I am totally confused.

Mickey

I believe the tuner limit is for LEASED tuners. You should be able to purchase a 622 and activate without any problems. The 211 will work with an SD set, and it will be there if you ever get another HDTV. You could then return one 301.

KAB,

Thank you for the reply/explanation. It sounds so simple the way you explain it. (Maybe you should be a trainer for Dish CSR's.) No one at Dish ever told me the four tuner limit applied only to LEASED equipment.

One minor question remains in my mind, and it's certainly no big deal.
Since I still have a contractual obligation for a four tuner set up, won't Dish require that I keep paying the 5.00 per month for the fourth leased tuner (301) and not allow me to return it until the contract period is met?

Thanks again.

Mickey

KAB,

Thank you for the reply/explanation. It sounds so simple the way you explain it. (Maybe you should be a trainer for Dish CSR's.) No one at Dish ever told me the four tuner limit applied only to LEASED equipment.

One minor question remains in my mind, and it's certainly no big deal.
Since I still have a contractual obligation for a four tuner set up, won't Dish require that I keep paying the 5.00 per month for the fourth leased tuner (301) and not allow me to return it until the contract period is met?

Thanks again.

Mickey

To my knowledge, the commitment is for your programming, not the equipment. You should not have to keep paying if you return one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)