how do I improve signal to a second TV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

troy5

Original poster
Dec 6, 2012
california
My land lord is supplying Dish network tv to my house. The signal is ran from his house as a second Tv its about 150 feet to my TV from the satelite box. My signal is constantly staticky and half the time doesnt even work. is there any way to improve this signal. or do I need to get another box.

So you are using TV2 of his receiver? If so I'm assuming you have your TV on a certain channel to watch the satellite channels. You may need to check the quality of the cable or may want to change the modulated channel on the receiver. I was having problems with mine being on channel 60 for a while ao I changed it to 50 and it cleared right up.

How do I change the modulated signal.

He needs to press menu, 6, 1, 5 on his remote and select a different channel output. You then tune your TV to that channel and see if it improves. Repeat until you find one that works ok. Also, verify that both the modulated signal and you TV are set to the same output type (cable or air).

If changing the channels doesn't work then it could have something to do with the cable itself.

Right, try another RF channel first. Then better quality cable (especially for a 150ft. length) with proper connections (compression best) at each end. Then RF amplifier. One of or a combo of those or all should clear-up the problem.

Ditto. And I think it is illegal under the dish agreement.

But I have a good TV2 signal by looking at the local stations and finding the lowest not used. I changed from 60 to ch21 and a vast improvement. Of course it is not Digital so you do have hints of NTSC analog in there, but vastly better than the old off air analog signal.

Your landlord should not be sharing his account with you....

Account Stacking is not condoned here!!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)