Locals in HD for zip 13808

ncted

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
Durham, NC
My parents are moving to zip 13808 next summer, and I am in charge of getting all of their TV, phone, and internet hookups. I would really prefer that they have Dish since that is what I have, and could help them with any problems over the phone. However, it looks like their locals are not available in HD on Dish. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if that is correct.

The alternatives are DirecTV and Time Warner Cable. DirecTV shows their big 4 networks available in HD, but not CW or PBS. Time Warner Cable has everything in HD, and they have TWC as their only option at their condo at the beach, so that might be the best option, even if it is not the best solution.

Anyway, is there anyone who can confirm that they would not be able to get their locals in HD?

Thanks,
Ted

I guess I am just surprised that a DMA as large as Utica wouldn't have HD locals on Dish. Oh well, I guess TWC triple play is probably the way to go.

Thanks,
Ted

The alternatives are DirecTV and Time Warner Cable. DirecTV shows their big 4 networks available in HD, but not CW or PBS.

CW isn't in HD OTA to begin with so how can a provider carry it in HD? CW is a subchannel off the NBC affiliate
There apparently is a low powered repeater for PBS from the Syracuse location. If there is no PBS in the market both providers (dish and directv) carry the national PBS feed

Directv carries the Syracuse CBS whereas Dish carries the Binghamton CBS. Directv also carries the My Network affiliate.

Cable is Crack. Get satellite, in this case Direct TV if they want locals in HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts