How do I link 2 Hoppers?

raulcalpr

Original poster
Aug 31, 2013
Puerto Ric
I have a setup of 2 Hoppers and 2 Joeys. When the system was installed, one of the Hoppers was not activated and the tech said that it will be activated remotely in a few hours, which it did. Still the two Hoppers are not linked. I would like to see 6 tuners available and share recordings.

One of the Hoppers is the one with the Sling adapter included. This is the Hopper where the two Joeys are linked. From each Hopper, you can see the other ( in the Whole Home menu), but they don’t show as Linked. The MoCA signal is green in both. When I click on the other Hopper to link it, nothing happens.

How do I configure the system to share the recordings and tuners? The system has a Duo Node and no isolators.

You cannot share tuners between Hoppers. There is a dropdown menu on the DVR screen where you can choose which Hoppers recording to watch.

Sent from my iPhone

You can also pair your Joeys to either Hopper if you wish. So you have flexibility there. Some people do want the 2 Hopper system to act as ONE big DVR with 6 tuners being dynamic between the 2 hoppers. That is not likely to happen. However, as a compromise or more realistic request, many have asked for Dish to provide for being able to manage the TIMERS for both Hoppers from either Hopper or any Joey.

Again, just to be clear: as stated in n0cqu's response, you can still watch content from BOTH Hopper's (without having to pair them) from ANY Joey or from the OTHER Hopper, as well. The GRAY bar option above your recordings screen has the name of the current Hopper and a DOWN arrow visible. That is a drop down list that you access to then select the OTHER Hopper from which to watch those recordings from any Joey or Hopper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)