Please reply by conversation.

bobvick

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2006
Northwest Alabama
I ordered a HR21-PRO from Beach Audio, and received it on Wednesday. I activated with DirecTV on the same day (2/15). The lady that activated, insured me that the receiver was listed as owned. To be sure that she was correct, I called today to verify. Of course, oddly enough, it is listed as a HR21-200 and leased. I sent an E-Mail to the executive customer service department, only to get a telephone call, that "It depends on how much you paid for it, and where you bought it from" to make a long story short, now, she requested a receipt from Beach Audio, and the "department" will make a "decision" as it whether or not it is "owned." I thought that if you bought a HR21P-200, it was owned, what do? All help will be appreciated.

You're receiver is only owned if you paid full price for a new one $499, or if you bought it on eBay or Craig's list and previous owner had it marked as owned on their account. If you bought it from a retailer and it was never activated before paying the $199 leased price it will apply an agreement to the account.

There is no such beastie as a leased HR21Pro.

The Access Card department can get you on the right path.

Call 1-800-531-5000 and ask the rep to transfer you to ACDT (access card distribution team)

Their system now defaults to leased on eveything. Only the ACDT can change it, just ask for access card distrubution team by name, let them do your activation, much easier and faster on owned equipment.

Unfortunately, I did not let the "ACDT" team activate in time. Now, they the (ACDT) are requesting the invoice where I purchased the receiver from Beach Audio, complete (according to them) with the receiver ID number and access card number. They keep telling me that the receiver shows up as a HR21-200 in the system, even after checking the RID, serial number, and access card number. I guess this one belongs to them. I just got done installing a 2TB Seagate drive in it too. Guess I will keep the old one laying around to put back in if I ever decide to cancel (I doubt that for a while, I have spent a small fortune on the HR21PRO, HR34, and another HR24). The problem is, not so much "owning" the HR21P, just the fact of the matter.

Last edited:
Step 1. take a picture of the the back sticker you might have to email it off to Directv or Fax it in. You may of been dupped.

Step 2. it does not matter where you bought it or how much politely tell dtv to go shove that argument up there you know what.

Step 3. Did you receive mounting bracket ears? Are there screw holes for mounting brackets?

Sadly I hate to say this but I seen some bad people mark units as hr21pros and relabel them. Rio has access to a data base of every single directv made receiver. It could be that rio is wrong. But the likely hood of that is silm. In over 4+ years working for the company I only see it happen once. But hears hoping that they made a mistake.

This is definitely a HR21-PRO, if it is a clone they did a hell of a job. It has gold plated connectors, dual fans, mounting brackets and screws. Here are pictures.

image-3797674410.jpg

image-200883204.jpg

yes it is. only the HR21pro has a center ring like that on the face of the unit.

Yeah there is no doubt that is a hr21 pro . Only time I seen a 21pro be marked as a lease was a dealer demo unit. But this was a new box. strange it should be something acdt should be able to fix.

Also, on the back of the unit, and the box the receiver came in (a white box that identifies it as a HD DVR PRO), the model number is listed as a HR21P-200 rather than a HR21-200. I wonder if it is worth giving the access card department another call, and see if I can send them photos of the back of the unit and the box that specifically say it is a HR21P-200 and not a HR21-200.
The funny thing is, on the system info screen, the unit identifies itself as a HR21-200.

There is no such beastie as a leased HR21Pro.

Hate to tell you, but there very much IS. A client of mine actually received one of these from D* THEMSELVES, to replace a leased receiver that died. (& before you ask - yes, I actually saw it arrive from D*, unpacked it & hooked it up for him...)

Hate to tell you, but there very much IS. A client of mine actually received one of these from D* THEMSELVES, to replace a leased receiver that died. (& before you ask - yes, I actually saw it arrive from D*, unpacked it & hooked it up for him...)

Funny thing is that pretty rare I head of some people accidently getting hr21p during our hd shortage on accident but most of them were recalled when they found out it happened.

Also, on the back of the unit, and the box the receiver came in (a white box that identifies it as a HD DVR PRO), the model number is listed as a HR21P-200 rather than a HR21-200. I wonder if it is worth giving the access card department another call, and see if I can send them photos of the back of the unit and the box that specifically say it is a HR21P-200 and not a HR21-200.
The funny thing is, on the system info screen, the unit identifies itself as a HR21-200.

Yeah I would call them, it normal for our systems to identify it as a hr21 as it is a hr21. Generally though the hr21p rids are flagged so when activation happens it comes up as a owned receiver. Which is the wierd part of this.

I sent a fax to the Access Card department. I included the receipt where I bought the receiver from Beach Audio, and photos of the front of the unit, the side where the mounting screws are for the rack mounting ears, a photo of the box that lists the serial number, card number, and RID number, and it specifically states it is a "HR21P-200" on both the box and the back of the unit. They keep going on about I did not pay enough for it to be owned, I had to pay $599 for it to be owned.
I bought one of these back in March of '09 for about $250.00 I forget the place I bought it from, anyway, there was no problem back then with it showing up as HR21-PRO in the system, and it showed up owned. If this one is not owned, then they never notified me when I activated it about an extension of the agreement for another 2 years.
I don't know if I will ever get it worked out, but it won't be from lack of trying.

I have already contacted the office of the President. They were worse than the access card dept. At least the access card dept is willing to look at the photos. The bitch I got ahold of at the office if the President basically told me I had a HR21-200 because that is what their records show, and I did not pay the full $599 price, therefore it cannot be a HR21-PRO, and even if it was it would be leased. They always come back with "how much did you pay?"

bobvick said:
I sent a fax to the Access Card department. I included the receipt where I bought the receiver from Beach Audio, and photos of the front of the unit, the side where the mounting screws are for the rack mounting ears, a photo of the box that lists the serial number, card number, and RID number, and it specifically states it is a "HR21P-200" on both the box and the back of the unit. They keep going on about I did not pay enough for it to be owned, I had to pay $599 for it to be owned.
I bought one of these back in March of '09 for about $250.00 I forget the place I bought it from, anyway, there was no problem back then with it showing up as HR21-PRO in the system, and it showed up owned. If this one is not owned, then they never notified me when I activated it about an extension of the agreement for another 2 years.
I don't know if I will ever get it worked out, but it won't be from lack of trying.

You bought it from value electronics. After I bought from you, I never had trouble getting it on my account as owned!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)