How do I program a 40.0 remote?

mfs54729

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 4, 2005
Chippewa Falls, WI.
My in-laws just got a Hopper 3 and Joey 2.0. They hate the new 52.0 remotes, my father-in-law has a hard enough time operating the DVR but the new remote makes it worse. He can't find the buttons he's used to using. I found an old 40.0 and 20.0 remote for them to use. I was able to program the 20.0 remote to run the Hopper and TV. I'm trying to program the 40.0 remote to run the Joey and kitchen TV. I was able to pair the remote to the Joey but can't program it to operate the TV. Is there a way to enter the code on the remote? Everything I've read says to use the Remote Manager. The Remote Manager doesn't come up on their Joey, all I get is a blank screen. When I hit the System Info button the screen lists the Remote Model as Unknown.

Will the 40.0 remote work on a Joey 2.0 or do they have to use the 52.0 remote?
Thanks.

Mark

My in-laws just got a Hopper 3 and Joey 2.0. They hate the new 52.0 remotes, my father-in-law has a hard enough time operating the DVR but the new remote makes it worse. He can't find the buttons he's used to using. I found an old 40.0 and 20.0 remote for them to use. I was able to program the 20.0 remote to run the Hopper and TV. I'm trying to program the 40.0 remote to run the Joey and kitchen TV. I was able to pair the remote to the Joey but can't program it to operate the TV. Is there a way to enter the code on the remote? Everything I've read says to use the Remote Manager. The Remote Manager doesn't come up on their Joey, all I get is a blank screen. When I hit the System Info button the screen lists the Remote Model as Unknown.

Thanks.

Mark
You will need to press Menu, then arrow over to Settings on the screen and press SELECT on the DISH remote, then arrow over to Remote Control on the screen and press SELECT, then arrow down to TV on the screen and press SELECT, then Press SELECT on the TV PAIRING WIZARD, then locate your TV brand and Arrow over to the NEXT button and press SELECT. Then try the volume and mute buttons on the DISH remote if it works SELECT the FINISH button, if not SELECT the TRY NEXT CODE until one works.

Thanks.

Mark
You will need to press Menu, then arrow over to Settings on the screen and press SELECT on the DISH remote, then arrow over to Remote Control on the screen and press SELECT, then arrow down to TV on the screen and press SELECT, then Press SELECT on the TV PAIRING WIZARD, then locate your TV brand and Arrow over to the NEXT button and press SELECT. Then try the volume and mute buttons on the DISH remote if it works SELECT the FINISH button, if not SELECT the TRY NEXT CODE until one works.

Thanks.

Mark
I thought the 2.0 came with the 40.0 remote - I know the Wireless Joeys do, as I just got them with the new Hopper3 a few weeks ago.

I have one of each and the Joey2 comes with a 52 remote. The Wireless Joey is older technology and only works with a 40 remote.
Actually I've used both the 40.0 and the 52.0 with my new WJ's - they both work fine w/all functions and in fact, I've settled on the 52 with my living rm WJ for now.

I guess there is no reason why the 52 wouldn't work on a WJ, they just don't come with them. Good to know though, thanks.
It's not a totally bad assumption that a new remote wouldn't work with the WJ's older technology (especially since they didn't provide the new remote) but I guess I'm kind of a "gotta prove for myself" kind of person :). If you like the new remote better, it will work. You are very welcome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)