How do I program a pansat 2300

Status
Please reply by conversation.

johnny33156

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
I have a coolsat 5000 with a 36-inch dish and 0.3 LNBF LO:10.75
I found T5 Ku and did a blind scan and all the channels downloaded perfectly.
My friend gave me his pansat 2300 to set up for this satellite but this receiver does not have a blind scan. I tried a satellite scan but the pansat found 0 channels.
Can someone tell me what values I need to input into the pansat so the it will correctly scan the channels on this satellite.
Thanks... Johnny

what are the values right now? I havent worked with a 2300 but if its like the 1500/2500 the settings just need to be the same as the Coolsat

10750 LNB LO

I went into the setup menu. I had the LNB as single and freq at 10750 but when I did the satellite scan it found no channels. I've seen some other things in these forums, sr values and transponder lists but I'm not sure about how to look for or enter that information.

You may have to do some research on your 2300. There is no Pansat 2300. What you have is a clone of the Pansat 2500. There are some bins floating around that will work with it and have good clean sat transponder lists in them as well. I would be careful about what I loaded to it though. If you have the original CD that came with it that has the original factory bin on it, you can load that and then edit your transponders etc. so that you can use it.
Does the reciever show any signal strength or quality? You may have to change the LO setting by adding another Zero or two. Some of the settings in the clone receivers are different than the actual Pansat boxes. If you have your dish pointed at T5, then it should work. Check your DiseqC settings too. Or if you can do it easily, bypass your motor, DiseqC and connect directly to the lnb.
grusome

wanna bet??

http://www.pansatusa.com/download.htm

Pansat site shows a 2300a ;)
From reading the file, it sounds like my 1500 but without blind scan (the 1500 has blind scan)
Ok, my bad!! I do know there was a 2300 CLONE Pansat at a time when Pansat did not have a model 2300. Next time, I'll drink an extra cup of coffee before answering !!
(when you get to be my age you'll understand about memory stuff!! )
Thanks for setting me straight!!
grusome

no probelm :)

Im know there is a 2500 & 3500 clone too. JUst didnt want the OP to think that his box isnt legit (it may not be but at least he knows he might have a legit 2300) ;)

Pansat 2300 no quality

Legano, Ilegano, (leagal, illegal) I don't know about that stuff. It says pansat 2300 on the front of the receiver. He has no CD, no manual. It shows no quality and there is no list of transponders. Hate to sound like a total dummy, oops to late.
What is a bin? I havn't tried bypassing the motor but will do so. Wow, after all that I think I need a cup of coffee too, or maybe a vat of scotch.
Thanks for all your help... Johnny

I
Legano, Ilegano, (leagal, illegal) I don't know about that stuff. It says pansat 2300 on the front of the receiver. He has no CD, no manual. It shows no quality and there is no list of transponders. Hate to sound like a total dummy, oops to late.
What is a bin? I havn't tried bypassing the motor but will do so. Wow, after all that I think I need a cup of coffee too, or maybe a vat of scotch.
Thanks for all your help... Johnny

I own one of these old buggers but it's in a drawer now. The 2300 doesn't have blind scan we know ok. The thing you have to do is 1. Add manually the sats you would like to use. 2. Add the transponders of the sat. You can get all the transponder info from lyngsat.com.
They are a decent box to use for fta regardless of the missing BS feature. I'am not sure if maybe you can just add a sat file to this box or not. If so just load original factory software then apply a recent sat file. I have the original factory flash if you want it.

Good Luck

Yes, I would like the original factory flash if you have it. It's hard finding info on such old equipment.
Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts