How do I run two receivers off of one Portable Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jaybird28

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
Seattle
I need some advise. Is there anyway I can run two receivers off of my portable Wineguard dish? I have an RV with two TV's and I have two receiver's but I don't think you can put something like a splitter on any lines. Is there any thing I can do or buy??

connect a second line to the LNB. Remove the LNB from the arm without changing the tuning..connect a second line and you got it.
Joe

OK JD-
Please just add a little more info for this rookie. I have a portable Winguard dish that has onre LNB. I did see that it might have another cable spot available. Are you saying once I get a signal, remove the LNB and hook a second line to that input???

OK JD-
Please just add a little more info for this rookie. I have a portable Winguard dish that has onre LNB. I did see that it might have another cable spot available. Are you saying once I get a signal, remove the LNB and hook a second line to that input???

Provided it is a DUAL LNB set up, don't know for sure what is on the Winegard units.
Take the 2 screws out of the LNB and pull the LNB off the dish, if it has 2 coax inputs, your good to go.
What I do is, run 2 cables from the LNB about 4 ft worth and keep them there, then I use a barrel to connect each line when I want to use it.
I'm currently using a triple LNB set up, because I don't have enough room in the 5th wheel for the 5 LNB.

Jimbo

OK JD-

You can have both receivers hooked up to the dish before you aim it. Each output on an LNB will support one receiver.

I sent some more specific wire hints,

But here are some universal truths. The car hood is not the best place to mount the dish. Just because it worked last night is no proof it will work tonight if you are in a different state. Parking under trees requires extra cable.While boats can be used for recreation, they are a hard RV to get a LOS to.

Good luck Jaybird.

Joe

I need some advise. Is there anyway I can run two receivers off of my portable Wineguard dish? I have an RV with two TV's and I have two receiver's but I don't think you can put something like a splitter on any lines. Is there any thing I can do or buy??

If you are spending nearly $3,000 on the RV package let DirecTV handle the setup for you, god knows you spent plenty already. Don't frustrate yourself, it should be on DirecTV's end to take care of those issues for you.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)