how do I set up my 622 to display ota local info

I added them and I also have local channels. all it says is digital service. I went thru everything thing and couldnt find a place to select where your locals are from like in the directv hd dvr.

Did you say you have local package through Dish as well as ota? You may have to wait for upwards of 24 hours for guide info to show. And don't expect all channels to have info, especially the subchannels? In the meantime, if you have a 622 press the dvr button three times (daily schedule screen) - Select timer button, select Manual Timer button, after selecting Frequency Type and Channel - select Edit Time, put approapriate time in, finish with Create Timer.

Locals via Dish (004-00, 007-00, etc)
Locals via OTA (004-01, 007-01, 007-02 etc)
The OTA channels are color coded in yellow on the left of your program guide.
Locals and other sub channels via dish are in blue.

the locals from dish have the guide info. the locals over the air dont, and of course the ota locals show up as yellow in the guide

Last edited:
great., so far I like the dish network experience. I love the fact that the guide is much quicker that the directv hd dvr and the picture quality is much better. One thing I dont like is that the d* hd dvr seemed to have more ways to set up season pass or whatever. Also, the 622 ota tuner is much better than the d* and also better than my tv which was also better than the D* tuner.

Yeah, most of the sub channels here don't have guide data. Its only really an issue on my local PBS station because there are 4 sub channels but other than that, I can deal with it.

Mike

NONE of the satellite vendors use PSIP data for EPG information. They do use it to map the channels to their OTA station channel when you do a scan (or update) of the OTA digital channels.

There are very good reasons that the satellite vendors don't use PSIP data for EPG listings. First, PSIP EPG data is only available when you are tuned to that station (or one of the sub-stations). Second, PSIP EPG information is very limited. Most stations only provide listings for 2-12 hours ahead of the current time. Third, PSIP EPG information is currently fairly unreliable. It is quite often wrong or, worst yet, missing.

The satellite vendors perfer to get their listings for the OTA digital channels from a third-party service (they get FULL listings, not just the few hours that PSIP supplies). DirecTV has done a much better job of supplying data for all (or most) of the OTA stations than DISH has. In many areas DISH only supplies data for the main station (usually the "01" station) and in almost all markets they do a very poor job of supplying data for the additional sub-stations. DISH does need to fix that problem and subscribers should complain about the missing EPG data until the problem gets fixed.

Last edited:
Ok, then answer this one. I live outside the Detroit area, I subscribe to Detroit locals, however I also receive Toledo, Ohio HD local stations OTA. My 622 provides all of the guide data for both Detroit & Toledo stations. How did I get so lucky?

I wish I had that problem. do I need to go name the channels or something. I dont understand what is the deal. I am very impressed with the ota tuner but I need some guide info.

I think maybe since this is all so new, Dish is still in the process of figuring out how to provide guide data. Maybe Detroit is one of the markets they are further along with.

I just wish my local PBS stations had something listed. Everything else is pretty much fine for my market, with the exception of PBS all the other stations' subchannels are either weather radars or "The Tube", neither of which has any "scheduled programs" to worry about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)