How do I tell which LNB's are which on 3 LNB Oval

Status
Please reply by conversation.

spydrev

Original poster
Aug 29, 2004
Lakeway (Austin), Texas
I am trying to install a 5x8 channelmaster multiswitch. It has the 22Khz tone generators. How do I know which line from the Dish are the right ones? I do not which are connected to which LNB. I am not sure even which LNB is which. I have heard that the rightmost - LNB is 101. Any help?

It does not matter on the Phase III dish all ports have all the satellites? But the LNB positions are (from behind dish) Far Left LNB= 119w
Middle LNB= 110w
Far right LNB 101w.

If you plan on cascading the new multiswitch off of the built in multiswitch (which you would have no choice, if it's an integrated multiswitch, as it is in the Phase III), then it doesn't matter. All the outputs on the built in multiswitch are cabable of outputing a signal from any LNB, and a cascading multiswitch will send the proper signals to ensure that it's getting a signal from each one.

There is not an HD LNB. There is HD programming in each of the three satellite positions.

thanks, guys. It turned out I needed to set my Ulitmate TV receiver to 3LNB. Then, I noticed that some of the SPanish channels were showing up in the guide. Also, when I ran an LNB test on the receiver, it said that the 101 sat was "wrong". I swapped one of the cables on the downstream multiswitch and now everything is hunky. ANother weird thing that happened is that my HD receiver "crashed" and was stuck on channel 80, so I had to unplug it for a while.

Status
Please reply by conversation.