How do I transfer movies from one 722 to another 722?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rlyeager

Original poster
Aug 24, 2011
Texas
I had a tenant who moved out and left his 722 loaded with movies. I would like to access them for my viewing. I took his 722 and plugged it thru an HDMI cable to my tv (but did not hook up the satellite cables) His unit has a card in it but when I looked at my 722 it doesn't seem to have a card in the slot. I have a 320gb Iomega drive I could store the movies on if I wanted to keep them. After all that I guess I'll call Dish and see if they want it (and a 211k back) I'm thinking he rented them rather than bought them or he probably would have taken them with him. Any help?

PS: I figures if I hooked up his unit thru sat. cables with the card in it the black helo's will come.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys, his 722 was on his account, if your 722 and his were on the same account you could transfer them to the EHDD then to yours, but not from one account to another and like you say they are probably lease receivers and Dish will want them back.

Both 722s must be on the same active account. Movies can be moved to an EHD on one 722 and then moved from the EHD to the second 722 as long as they are both active on the same account. You cannot move movies between 722s that are not on the same account.

rlyeager,

If he didn't call to have his account either moved or canceled, he will still be charged for the active account. If he doesn't return the receivers, he will be billed for those receivers. The receivers must be returned to us. They can't be used on any other account until the receivers are released from the active account. As far as transferring recorded events from the receiver to another like receiver, the other posts are correct - the receivers have to be on the same account to transfer from one receiver to an EHD to another receiver. Please PM me if you have further questions or if you need assistance. Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)