How do I wall mount a Joey 2

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bwexler

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 29, 2007
San Marcos, CA
I would like to mount the Joey 2 either on the back of the TV or on the wall.
There are slots on the back of the Joey, but the installer and the phone tech could not tell me where to get a mounting bracket.

The mount came with my Joey1, When I upgrade to the Hopper3, I just swapped. I don't recall seeing a mount with the Joey2 when the installer got it out. Maybe they are not providing it any more, the 4k Joey doesn't have one.

Agree...they have always been included in the box with my various Joey 1 & 2. Looks like there are at least a couple available on ebay, if you search for "joey mounting bracket", a few pop up.

I mounted my Joey to the back of my kitchen TV that sits on the counter. I bought a cheap TV mount from Amazon about 12 bucks and mounted the Joey mount to that. Amazon product ASIN B000X1UKBU
I had to buy some longer screws and spacers from Home Depot as you can see from the picture to mount the mount to the TV. Only cost a couple bucks. The screws that came with the mount were way too short. I painted the spacers black with some spray paint so everything is black. The TV sits on a peninsula so the back is showing so I wanted it to look decent.

Attachments

• IMG_1638.JPG
    IMG_1638.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 421
  • IMG_1639.JPG
    IMG_1639.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 429
  • IMG_1641.JPG
    IMG_1641.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 363
Reactions: DWS44
Agree...they have always been included in the box with my various Joey 1 & 2. Looks like there are at least a couple available on ebay, if you search for "joey mounting bracket", a few pop up.
I thought it came in the box too, but I never saw the box and the installer denied having any brackets in the box.
I have some white spongy double stick squares I think I will try on the back of the TV.
Thanks for mention Velcro. It allowed me to think outside the box.

Reactions: pattykay and DWS44
I used the double sided foam tape.
The Joey is now "permanently " mounted on the back of the TV. One small problem solved.
Now waiting for the HDMI splitter to show up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)