How do you determined the problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fanquon

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 20, 2008
Is on the receiver or DISEqC switch.

The receiver can not do auto switch suddenly from port A to port B, but if pick the satellite, both satellite show signal quality.

Today customer called saying no more signal. Will go check at later today, but want to guest which one could be the defect component.

no auto, but manual switching.... Sounds like the processor in the STB has locked up. My first try would be a STB back of the box power off, wait 10 seconds and then back on.

If it does switch (What, the customer was wrong?) but just low quality so no video, then the dish aiming has probably gone off, or a cable problem.

Which birds?

no auto, but manual switching.... Sounds like the processor in the STB has locked up. My first try would be a STB back of the box power off, wait 10 seconds and then back on.

If it does switch (What, the customer was wrong?) but just low quality so no video, then the dish aiming has probably gone off, or a cable problem.

Which birds?
Last check did all the procedures two weeks ago. everything was in good condition (cable, connector, dishes were all tight and were peak at the highest quality on both dishes (70 plus quality). those dishes for G19 and G3C ku.

Tyring to keep the Ideas and answers short...
1] Does automatically switch when just going up or down channel list:? yes[ no] slow
2] Does switch only if you use SAT button to go to the SAT ? Yes [ no ] slow
3] When selecting a channel the signal meter shows good Q (not S)? Y --N
4] If good Q, do have a good picture and/or sound ? Y - N
5] If NO on some (same SAT) is it Yes on others channels?
1} Yes= Switch and receiver OK - Slow =Dish aim OR LNB or STB Local Ossiclator has drifted.
2] Yes= probably receiver SETTINGS and switch is good -Slow same as 1
3] No - re aim dish
4] Yes - working ok
5] No = turn off power on back of STB and take switch out of circut to test. If yes, and Q is same the channels may be something your STB can not decode, scrambled, S2 or HD.

This is one process I use.
POP

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts