How do you force the guide to update?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

burtburt69

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2006
I moved today so I have new local channels. However, the guide shows everything as "No Info Available". I've tried powering the system completely down but nothing happened. So I went to Dish's Facebook page and they suggested I go to Settings > Diagnostics > Point Dish > Check Switch > Test. Still nothing. I figured you guys would be able to help me more than they can.

The closest to "forcing" a guide update you can get is to put it in standby, reset using the red button, and leave in standby for 15 minutes to an hour. Linked Joeys should be in standby during this time as well.

To update the guide info you need to put all Joeys in standby and verify that the Hopper is showing an available tuner (in the viewing status screen - red button). After, reset the Hopper, when it comes back up you will want to check the screen again for the available tuner and it can take a few minutes to change over to 'Guide Update'. The update itself can take 15-20 minutes, maybe longer. If it doesn't appear, wait overnight and it should update itself.

The daily schedule will take a few extra minutes to populate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)