Just got a 722 replaced with a 722k, questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bryanw20

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2006
I have a 722 for ~4-5+ years now (or whenever it replaced the 622); So I started getting pretty severe dropouts a couple of weeks ago. Finally called & sent tech out; he peaked the dish, got 70's at the dish, got 70's at the junction in my house; but 20's once we went the last 20' to the box. he tried several fixes, none worked, so he suggested move the dish closer (thinking the ~120' run was to long, altho it's been working fine for 5+years). So Today I moved my dish closer, called to get a re-peak, and again 70's at the dish, 20-50 on the box. This tech said I bet it's the box. So he swapped it out with a 722K he had on the truck, and guess what, 70's+ finally!

So sadly the box does not have the OTA tuner in it, and he was bragging about the football game this past weekend that I missed because I was away, he said you don't have a slingbox yet? Call and see if you can get one for free!

So do you suggest I call, what #/options to press? Or online chat (As I have a hard time with the Indian accents)?
Think I can get one or both free or reduced?

Does the OTA add 2 more tuners for 4 total, 2 OTA 2 Sat?

Contact DIRT via PM (go to main forum page, scroll to bottom, any name in RED) for offers on the Sling Adapter. By far the best option! The OTA tuner for the 722k does indeed add 2 OTA tuners for 2SAT/2OTA. Pretty neat!

I have a 722 for ~4-5+ years now (or whenever it replaced the 622); So I started getting pretty severe dropouts a couple of weeks ago. Finally called & sent tech out; he peaked the dish, got 70's at the dish, got 70's at the junction in my house; but 20's once we went the last 20' to the box. he tried several fixes, none worked, so he suggested move the dish closer (thinking the ~120' run was to long, altho it's been working fine for 5+years). So Today I moved my dish closer, called to get a re-peak, and again 70's at the dish, 20-50 on the box. This tech said I bet it's the box. So he swapped it out with a 722K he had on the truck, and guess what, 70's+ finally!

So sadly the box does not have the OTA tuner in it, and he was bragging about the football game this past weekend that I missed because I was away, he said you don't have a slingbox yet? Call and see if you can get one for free!

So do you suggest I call, what #/options to press? Or online chat (As I have a hard time with the Indian accents)?
Think I can get one or both free or reduced?

Does the OTA add 2 more tuners for 4 total, 2 OTA 2 Sat?

If you send me a PM with your phone number or account number, I would be happy to get you details.

I also got the OTA free, 2nd day delivery too, so Yay on that. Wouldn't budge on the $50 sling price no matter what tho! Complaining it took 2 calls, I lost ALL my recordings, threaten to move to Direc (which it may still save me money being a new customer with them over the next 2 years!).... So love Dish when its working, don't love them when you want to be treated to free (or reduced) upgrades. I tried to talk them into a hopper system a few weeks ago, $1-200 was my offer + 2 yr commitment, when it's free for newbies.

It seems that Dish will give out some things free such as remotes, ota modules, packages and to a lesser extent, upgrades. I have not heard anything that Dish will waive the upgrade fee on their newest receivers and other add ons like the sling adaptor. Many people feel they are entitled, but many ask for too much and then get offended.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts