How Do You Get New Software Updates?

BillH

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 16, 2003
My 721 is very hard to get to take the new software updates. How do you get your box to take them on.

Dish tried for 30 minutes yesterday and it still has not taken L322 on. I am still on L321 and it says no updates available.

When Dish pings your box to take a software update, you need to turn off the power (on both tuners if it is a dual tuner box). If that doesn't work try a check switch, then turn off the power. If this still doesn't work, I've found that a hard reboot (pull the plug for about 30 seconds) will do the trick.

Basically you can not get an update until it is "marked" as being available to your receiver (by model number and receiver serial number). After that you should get it. Sometimes a new upgrade is not sent out to all receivers when it is first spooled. In those cases you just have to wait.

Also another tip is if its a wide release and your 721 is not getting the update then chances are your tuner 2 is stuck sleeping.

To wake it up...

Press PIP
Press Swap
Press PIP again to shut PIP off

The second tuner should now download the software update in the backround. :)

Fixed! Finally!

Well, thanks to everyone. I finally got my 721 to take the software upgrade 322. The hard reboot is what did it.

Thanks again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts