SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 29, 2005
Arizona
how do you get the 5 lnb dish for directv
i called the 1800 number and placed an order for at but no install date
they said they'll call back with in 24 to 72 hours for an insatll date
nothing yet:eek:

This may seem like a very elementary question but with 5 LNB's does that require 5 coax cables to run to the D* box? I don't like the idea of having to drill 3 more holes in the side of my house AT ALL! is there a better easier way to do this utilitzing the 2 holes I already have?

Sorry to hijack the thread?

No, 4 cables. It has a built-in switcher. If you have a switcher already, it will be unusable as it can't handle the KA spectrum. So all 4 cables will have to be run.

I currently don't have anything other than the dish and DVR box. hmmm...still don't like the idea of 4 cables. If that's the case i won't be getting HD till we move, which may not be for a couple of years. That's a bummer....but I'm not going to drill 2 more holes in the house (it's kind of ridiculous and looks terrible.)

If that's all you have, then you should be okay. It's if you have more equipment to feed that you would have to run the additional cables.

Slideways......the 2 cables will work fine.......but you have the option to run 4..it isn't reqired or needed...So go ahead and get the HD set-up and enjoy it ..theres no promise of tomorrow! :D

i have the H20 in 1 room already installed
i just need a 5lnb dish to complete the setup
one in the living room
95 south G5 satellite, 101,119, and 110
zingwell wide-band box with 8 going out

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)