How do you like your chainsaw ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you've got some very good wood there for smoking food with! I'm a little envious.
Interesting you mention that! I have gradually converted to a propane grille for convenience, but my favorite outdoor cooking means remains "Ye Olde Cowburner", a 55-gal. drum split lengthwise in a steel stand with a grille on top, and of course fueled by a mix of the aforementioned woods on demand! Over the years I have gone through a dozen drums and a couple of grilles, but I'm still using that same stand! Nothing beats meat and veggies cooked over the coals of a hardwood fire! And I only need to walk a few yards up into the woods to get all the wood I need! I don't do smoking per se, but the situation would be similar. If you're ever in the area....!

I never thought of it that way but of course you're right! I wear longjohns and double socks, and one or two flannel shirts while cutting. (See the photo in post 1.) A coat is too restrictive. When I first head out on a brisk morning (temps. in the low 40s with a breeze like last Sat. and Sun.) I'm cold at first, but it doesn't take long before I'm as warmed-up as the saw, and possibly shedding that top shirt! I probably lose a couple of pounds over the course of a day sweating, and it doesn't matter how cold it is outside, my inner clothes are always warm...and damp!...at the end of the day...!
I know what you mean. I cut wood on days the temp never got above freezing and when I went in and disrobed, my wife was amazed that my t-shirt was soaking wet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)