How do you like your chainsaw ??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you've got some very good wood there for smoking food with! I'm a little envious.
Interesting you mention that! I have gradually converted to a propane grille for convenience, but my favorite outdoor cooking means remains "Ye Olde Cowburner", a 55-gal. drum split lengthwise in a steel stand with a grille on top, and of course fueled by a mix of the aforementioned woods on demand! Over the years I have gone through a dozen drums and a couple of grilles, but I'm still using that same stand! Nothing beats meat and veggies cooked over the coals of a hardwood fire! And I only need to walk a few yards up into the woods to get all the wood I need! I don't do smoking per se, but the situation would be similar. If you're ever in the area....!

I never thought of it that way but of course you're right! I wear longjohns and double socks, and one or two flannel shirts while cutting. (See the photo in post 1.) A coat is too restrictive. When I first head out on a brisk morning (temps. in the low 40s with a breeze like last Sat. and Sun.) I'm cold at first, but it doesn't take long before I'm as warmed-up as the saw, and possibly shedding that top shirt! I probably lose a couple of pounds over the course of a day sweating, and it doesn't matter how cold it is outside, my inner clothes are always warm...and damp!...at the end of the day...!
I know what you mean. I cut wood on days the temp never got above freezing and when I went in and disrobed, my wife was amazed that my t-shirt was soaking wet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts