This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

How do you link a 922 remote?

mikefromnj

Original poster
May 11, 2007
Hi all,

I just purchased a used 922. It came with the 2 remotes. On system info it shows that they are not linked with the receiver. I can only use the box using the touch buttons on the front of the receiver. I can't figure out how to link them. Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Mike

check the model number on the front of the box. you sure you have a 922 there?...

Go to the system info screen (from the button on the front of the receiver). Hit the SAT button on the remote.

Curious, where did you buy it? How much did you pay. What remotes did it come with?

Had to wait til I got home...

Here are some instructions....

If not try this...

Make sure you have the latest software on your 922 which is ASN1

Go to the system info screen (from the button on the front of the receiver). Hit the SAT button on the remote.

Curious, where did you buy it? How much did you pay. What remotes did it come with?

I purchased it from Craigs List. I paid $375.00 shipped.

Had to wait til I got home...

Here are some instructions....

If not try this...

Make sure you have the latest software on your 922 which is ASN1

Thanks for all of your help. I was able to get both remotes working. I really don't like the touch pad feature and would much rather use a regular Dish IR remote. I have not been able to get any of my Dish IR remotes to control the box. Did they shut the IR off on the 922?

I left the box on overnight and this morning I had ASN1. Thanks again,

Mike

IR is turned OFF by default.

To turn it off, go to MENU
Then Settings
Then Remote
You will see IR at the bottom. Select it.
Click the Enable button and click SAVE.

A photo of the screen is attached.

Attachments

• 4401085463_1a589b5925_b.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 443
I should also note the following...

Receivers with this software version can also be operated with a DISH Network 20.0 IR remote control which has previously been set to remote address 1 (default) or 20. Note that only TV1 menus/features of the DuoDVR ViP 922 receiver can be controlled with the 20.0 IR.

Thanks again for your help. I have one more quick question. How do I switch from PIP mode to Duo mode? When I touch the touch sensative mode button on front of the receiver it says feature not active. Thanks again,

Mike

I think duo mode has been disabled. Our 922 switched itself to single mode. The mode button on the box no longer works and duo/single mode icon has been removed from the settings folder.

The duo mode will only show activated when the Sling is enabled. If you really bought that 922 beta I would try returning that...