How do you link a 922 remote?

mikefromnj

Original poster
May 11, 2007
Hi all,

I just purchased a used 922. It came with the 2 remotes. On system info it shows that they are not linked with the receiver. I can only use the box using the touch buttons on the front of the receiver. I can't figure out how to link them. Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Mike

Go to the system info screen (from the button on the front of the receiver). Hit the SAT button on the remote.

Curious, where did you buy it? How much did you pay. What remotes did it come with?

Had to wait til I got home...

Here are some instructions....

Some remote controls may have issues when initially linking to the receiver. First, remove the batteries for a minute and try using a new set, if possible. Then try remote control troubleshooting using the steps in the Special Section on the next page. Finally, you may try unplugging the receiver from power for a minute, plugging it back in, waiting for it to reset, and then retrying to link your remote control(s). After the receiver has been reset, you may need to try the remote-linking steps several times.

If not try this...

If you have a non-operational remote control (but the remote’s SAT mode button lights when you press buttons), then try the following:
Special Section:
Remote Control Linking Issue
Confirm:
The remote-control antenna is attached to the receiver’s rear panel and is hand tight.
The receiver is connected to the nearby TV using HDMI or Component video cables. The appearance of the on-screen cursor is inconsistent in menus when using the SD outputs.
The TV1 key (green 1) is installed in your remote control.
The remote control is in SAT mode (press the SAT mode button to be sure).
The remote control’s batteries are fresh. Press a button to see if the mode lights (like the one for SAT) do not light up or are dim—if so, then you will need to replace the batteries.
Steps (stop anytime you can move the on-screen cursor, or pressing a remote button like GUIDE opens/changes a menu/screen):
Remove the batteries, then for 10 seconds hold down SELECT. Replace the batteries, wait 30 seconds, then test the remote control’s operation.
Follow the following five steps to Un-link the remote (referring to the image on the next page):
a.
Press and hold the SAT mode button for about four seconds, then release.
b.
Press FORMAT (or the JUMP button, if your remote has one) and SYSTEM WIZARD (or the zero NUMBER button, if your remote has one) at the same time for three seconds, then release both buttons (the SAT mode button should be lit while you are holding the two buttons).
c.
Press and release the SEARCH button (the SAT mode button should light up briefly).
d.
Press VOL + (the SAT mode button should light up).
e.
Press ? (STOP) (the SAT mode button should light up), then wait five seconds. You should hear three tones—if not, continue with the next step (step 3).
Now follow this procedure to link the remote control to your receiver:
a.
With the receiver on, touch the front panel to brighten the lights, then SYSTEM INFO.
b.
Place the remote control so it touches or almost touches the remote antenna, then press and hold the SAT mode button for three seconds. Listen for the three tones.
Test the remote by pressing CANCEL, then using the touchpad to see if the on-screen cursor moves; if it does not work, try step 3 two more times.
If the remote still does not control the receiver, remove the batteries, then for 10 seconds hold the SELECT button down. Replace the batteries, wait 30 seconds, then test the remote.
On the right-hand edge of the remote, look for the top, un-marked button of the two in the middle (see the image on the next page) and press and hold that button for at least 10 seconds; listen for the three audible tones.
Link remote procedure:
a.
Touch the front panel to brighten the lights, and then touch SYSTEM INFO.
b.
Place the remote control so it nearly touches the rear-mounted remote control antenna, then press and hold the SAT mode button for three seconds. Listen for the three tones. If this does not work, repeat this procedure a couple of times.
Test the remote control by pressing the CANCEL button, and then using the touchpad to move the on-screen cursor.
If the cursor won’t move, or the receiver doesn’t respond, then try steps 5, 7, and 8 again.

Make sure you have the latest software on your 922 which is ASN1

Go to the system info screen (from the button on the front of the receiver). Hit the SAT button on the remote.

Curious, where did you buy it? How much did you pay. What remotes did it come with?

I purchased it from Craigs List. I paid $375.00 shipped.

Had to wait til I got home...

Here are some instructions....

If not try this...

Make sure you have the latest software on your 922 which is ASN1

Thanks for all of your help. I was able to get both remotes working. I really don't like the touch pad feature and would much rather use a regular Dish IR remote. I have not been able to get any of my Dish IR remotes to control the box. Did they shut the IR off on the 922?

I left the box on overnight and this morning I had ASN1. Thanks again,

Mike

IR is turned OFF by default.

To turn it off, go to MENU
Then Settings
Then Remote
You will see IR at the bottom. Select it.
Click the Enable button and click SAVE.

A photo of the screen is attached.

Attachments

• 4401085463_1a589b5925_b.jpg
    4401085463_1a589b5925_b.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 439
I should also note the following...

Receivers with this software version can also be operated with a DISH Network 20.0 IR remote control which has previously been set to remote address 1 (default) or 20. Note that only TV1 menus/features of the DuoDVR ViP 922 receiver can be controlled with the 20.0 IR.

I should also note the following...

Receivers with this software version can also be operated with a DISH Network 20.0 IR remote control which has previously been set to remote address 1 (default) or 20. Note that only TV1 menus/features of the DuoDVR ViP 922 receiver can be controlled with the 20.0 IR.

Thanks again for your help. I have one more quick question. How do I switch from PIP mode to Duo mode? When I touch the touch sensative mode button on front of the receiver it says feature not active. Thanks again,

Mike

I think duo mode has been disabled. Our 922 switched itself to single mode. The mode button on the box no longer works and duo/single mode icon has been removed from the settings folder.

The duo mode will only show activated when the Sling is enabled. If you really bought that 922 beta I would try returning that...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)