How do you "move"?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Your right the king rules ,Then she just said she would like channel 9 which is our local news .So I told her she would have to do the online chat,as i dont type fast enough to keep up with anyone,also my spelling stinks lol

Hello all, first post on here. I was getting sick and tired of not having the big networks (ABC, NBC, FOX, CBS) in HD up here in Grand Forks, ND. After reading this thread I finally changed that last night via the online chat. I now receive the MSP locals and it's seriously a blessing! I just wish I did this in time for football season.

Anyways, the online chat method seriously only took about 5 min. I told them I had a temporary job assignment and I wanted to get the MSP locals. I gave them my parents address back home and that was basically it.

Thanks again guys for all the great info!

appreciate all the responses and suggestions-sounds like i won't get the Boston locals but to get NESN would be nice and a big improvment over watching the sox on mlb.com. Now after you "move" what are the chances the dish people will do a check on that address to see if you are really there?

I don't think they'll do a check... The only thing is that after you move, you'll need to change the physical address back to your mailing address for any service calls or shipments of new equipment (best I can tell). Yes, you'll get NESN.

I get my locals through NPS (it's not great, but it will do), so I can move even if I can't get anything but the RSN. Looks like I'm headed in that direction pretty soon as I want to keep Big Ten.

Directv knows people do this ,so called move. I Called to un move and had to listen to a 15 minute conversation on the subject. Just be carefull if your going to move,don't make it a once a week thing. You can get your service suspended if caught. So just use caution.

Dish and Directv could careless where you "move" to as long as you are paying the bill. They don't care if you live in Los Angeles, but you "move" to San Diego. As long as you are not doing it every week or month and not abusing they just don't care. The only people who would care is the FCC. They are the ones who stopped people from getting distant locals. Still it is a small percentage of people doing it and bottomline is that Dish and Directv are getting paid so they really don't feel like they are losing anything. Either way they are going to provide you a local. Which one who cares.

Dish and Directv could careless where you "move" to as long as you are paying the bill. They don't care if you live in Los Angeles, but you "move" to San Diego. As long as you are not doing it every week or month and not abusing they just don't care. The only people who would care is the FCC. They are the ones who stopped people from getting distant locals. Still it is a small percentage of people doing it and bottomline is that Dish and Directv are getting paid so they really don't feel like they are losing anything. Either way they are going to provide you a local. Which one who cares.
They do care ! Don't give a false reassurence! D* and E* can get in trouble. E* already lost it rights to provide DNS stations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts