How Do You Record The Time Shift buffer On S9?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
There should be a file on your PVR hard drive that is the timeshift buffer file.

View a channel for a few minutes (5 or 10), then shut off the receiver. Disconnect the PVR hard drive, and reconnect it to a PC. There should be a recorded timeshift file there.

If you find you're viewing something that you want to record, DON'T hit the record button. Just keep watching until the program ends. At that time, turn off the receiver. Connect the PVR hard drive to a PC, and copy the timeshift file to another drive connected to your PC (or the internal PC drive). You must copy the timeshift file before you reconnect the PVR hard drive to your receiver, since the file will be immediately overwritten once you turn on the S9.

I sure that what Yankee was asking about is, on the Openbox there's a menu setting that says "TS to record: on/off". But as I've never tried it, I don't know how to make it work either.

I havent used it in a long time but I think you have to go back in the program to where you want to record then hit record. Otherwise the recording starts when you hit record and dumps the rest

Yes, yes and yes.

If you hit pause and volume up/down the slider will move quickly and you hit ok to play from there. Much better than rewind (well, reverse since it is not tape being wound). Might try doing that and hit record!

I tried it while typing this. THAT IS how you do it. Go back to where you want to start recording and hit record!

I used pause, go back with the volume up/down...moves quick...hit record where you want to start. Works with just reverse too! Just hit reverse to where you want to start and hit record.

NEW FEATURE:

Never seen this posted but while playing a recording hit DVR INFO then hit it a second time and up pops a list of recordings. You can change which (browse) recording is playing with out stop, scroll and play...real cool.

FW 12-13-2011-The one with working clock.

I cannot get this to working this morning. Maybe there needs to be at least 15 mins or so in the buffer...was just testing and don't work.

How To Record The Time Shift Buffer On S9

First PS record has to be off. This is what caused me confusion. I forget, but isn't there a limitation on which type of recording has to be used for HD & SD or something? It will ask you or tell you you must use a certain type?

Hit pause, go back with the volume up/down...moves quick...hit record where you want to start. Works with just reverse too! Just hit reverse to where you want to start and hit record.

NEW FEATURE???

Never seen this posted but while playing a recording hit DVR INFO then hit it a second time and up pops a list of recordings. You can change which (browse) recording is playing with out stop, scroll and play...real cool.

FW 12-13-2011-The one with working clock.

I forget, but isn't there a limitation on which type of recording has to be used for HD & SD or something?

MPEG2 will record as PS or TS. MPEG4 will only record as TS.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts