How do you upgrade from a VIP 222k receiver to DuoDVR® ViP 722k

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

glennh73

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 26, 2005
Been checking out the dishnetwork site and see they have On demand and it might be something to check out. Though dont really want a DVR since its not something i would probably use much. Though how much a month is the DVR?

Saddly my VIP 222k cant get the On Demand so does anyone know if there is cost to upgrade to the VIP 722K?

Also any chance NBC Sports Network gets lowered to atleast the AT200 package?

If the 222k is your only receiver, going to a 722k will cost you $9 per month, $3 extra for the 722k and $6 for DVR fee.

You might consider 2 211's instead, same monthly cost as the 222k, but with a ONE TIME $40 fee you can make both into DVR's with no extra fees, plus you get 2 HD outputs instead of only one.

Why do they charge a fee for the receiver? I dont pay one for the 222k. Also i have 2 tvs well 1 hdtv and second one will be my computer if i ever figure out how to hook it all up.

Contact is up in April though.

Once you use a DVR you will never want to go back. How many times have you been watching a program when the phone rings or there is some other distraction? With a DVR, you just pause and you have an hour to resume (1 hour/same channel) buffer. Or you want to go back and see something you missed.
Wait till the 15th. The Hopper/joey will be released. The monthly fees are $10 for a Hopper ($6DVR fee, $4 Whole house HD fee) $7/Joey which gives you HD on another hdtv. Go check the Hopper threads.

If the 222k is your only receiver, going to a 722k will cost you $9 per month, $3 extra for the 722k and $6 for DVR fee.

You might consider 2 211's instead, same monthly cost as the 222k, but with a ONE TIME $40 fee you can make both into DVR's with no extra fees, plus you get 2 HD outputs instead of only one.

This confuses me. If a 722k is the only receiver, where is the $3 coming from?

Why do they charge a fee for the receiver? I dont pay one for the 222k. Also i have 2 tvs well 1 hdtv and second one will be my computer if i ever figure out how to hook it all up.

They don't. The extra $3 would only be if the 222 was your second receiver.

If it's your only receiver then swapping for a 722 would only incur the monthly $6 DVR charge + whatever the upfront is for the upgrade(PM DIRT to see what they can do).

I can't reccomend a 722 for the online content. You'd be better off with a roku, boxee, revue or net enabled bluray.

If the contract is up in April, I'd probably hold out and make a decision then between Directv/Dish and if Dish, 722/Hopper.

JM42 said:

If it's your only receiver then swapping for a 722 would only incur the monthly $6 DVR charge + whatever the upfront is for the upgrade(PM DIRT to see what they can do).

I can't reccomend a 722 for the online content. You'd be better off with a roku, boxee, revue or net enabled bluray.

If the contract is up in April, I'd probably hold out and make a decision then between Directv/Dish and if Dish, 722/Hopper.

I 100% agree with your assesment of the on line content through the 722. I have yet to actually watch any on demand content that I didn't have to wait hours for it to down load first. Pay per view works fine, but IMHO not worth upgrading for. Plenty of movies at Redbox or through streaming Netflix, HULU+, etc.

Ross

Sent from my rooted DROIDX (Liberty Gingerbread) using SatelliteGuys

Been checking out the dishnetwork site and see they have On demand and it might be something to check out. Though dont really want a DVR since its not something i would probably use much. Though how much a month is the DVR?

Saddly my VIP 222k cant get the On Demand so does anyone know if there is cost to upgrade to the VIP 722K?

Also any chance NBC Sports Network gets lowered to atleast the AT200 package?

If you only have a 222k, and replace it with a 722k, your bill will increase by $6 a month (just the DVR fee). For details on an upgrade, please send me a PM with your phone number or account number

JM42 said:

If he had a 722 and 222 there still is no $3 fee. The most expensive receiver becomes the primary, which is the 722. S the 722 would be free and the 222 would be the secondary at $14. Then you have the $6 dvr fee.

The only time you need to worry about the $3 fee is if you have more than one dvr receiver.

as far as the onDemand goes, all i can say it that there is a fix in the works... right now you should have some shows that start playing right a way. even HD ones. and not just ones that are on the hard drive, but ones that are being streamed.

If you go with the 722K vs the 722 and want OTA, the OTA module will cost you $50. You get two OTA tuners with the 722K module and one built in OTA tuner with the 722.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)