how do you use the Twinhan 102g under Windows 7?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jim S.

When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
FN11od
I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

I installed the card, Windows detected it and loaded a driver. So having read here that it works under Windows Media Center, I tried that. It detected the card, but I didn't see anywhere to put in my diseqc switch information, so I couldn't watch anything that way. Later, I did a google search on "media center diseqc" and I came up with this page DiSEqC explained... - Rathe's Media Center Blog which shows that it has a diseqc selection dialog. So I tried to run Media Center's setup again, and this time it won't even let me set up the card at all. After I select the satellite option, it goes straight to asking me to test my STB's connection. The option to select a direct connection or an STB didn't appear!

I tried TSReader. This works, but it's an awkward way to select channels, to say the least. I had hoped to use something more user-friendly.

So I tried loading the TV program from the CD that came with the card. It BSOD'd. Not the program itself, mind you, but the installer! So I downloaded what appeared to be the latest version from Twinhan's website. That installed BSOD'd too. So I tried it in XP compatibility mode. This time it installed. But when I run the program, even if I put it in compatbility mode too, I can't see any text in any drop-down lists, and it tends to give me a large number of "!" alert dialogs that don't show any text either!

Finally I tried ProgDVB. Everything works fine through selecting the card, selecting my switch, and assigning satellites to my LNBs. But then I hit OK on the diseqc setup after entering all that, and the setup window comes right back up again.

I guess I need a walk-through of how to set up anything. Either that, or nobody is using Windows 7, but people here say they are, and they're only reporting problems with the 64-bit version. I'm using the 32-bit versrion.

Did you load a WDM or BDA driver? If its working with Tsreader, its probably WDM since that app can't use BDA drivers. I know nothing about windows 7 but I'm pretty sure Windows media center looks for BDA drivers.

I had both drivers installed.

I found another website that says that other people are having the same issue with Media Center not asking them about a switch, and nobody knows what the problem is unless the BDA driver is buggy.

I got Twinhan's own program to operate seemingly properly, as far as accepting my switch and LNB configuration and scanning in channels, by running it in both XP SP2 compatibility mode AND administrator mode. (Way to keep up with the times, Twinhan!) But when I tried to view video, it gave me some error about being unable to configure output filters. Since my Windows installation plays every video format I throw at it in every program I've tried, this is unexpected. I haven't investigated further yet.

For now, since TSReader works with VLC for watching live video, what I'm going to do is use my Coolsat for casual viewing (since I have to have something for blind-scanning anyway) and use the card for HD/4:2:2/MPEG4 channels only.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)