How does 3net get revenue with no advertisers? It's not like it's a premium network, so I wonder.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
Okay, I have a 3D capable TV (yes I know 3D is not popular, but I like it and frankly don't care, so don't go there). I enjoy the channel 3net on occasion, and see that the only advertisements on that station are for what is playing on that station, but no actual ads. It's not like it's a premium network which you pay extra for, so how do they draw the income? I've been wondering that.

It is a joint venture of Discovery Communications, Sony and IMAX.

So it is being sponsored by them, much like how HD programming was being sponsored by the TV makers in the begining.

I miss the X Games on ESPN 3D. I also like the 3D programming. It actually works at home without giving me a headache.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

It is a joint venture of Discovery Communications, Sony and IMAX.

So it is being sponsored by them, much like how HD programming was being sponsored by the TV makers in the begining.

Isn't the point of a business is to make a profit? How could they sponsor a network and not get any revenue in return?

I love the channel too although the clarity is nothing compared to 3D BluRay's. I wish it had more content though. I wish the winter Olympics would have been available in 3D.

I miss the X Games on ESPN 3D. I also like the 3D programming. It actually works at home without giving me a headache.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Me too. I'm betting your home is shutter glasses while theaters are polarization. I don't like polarization 3D and the at home (LG) polarized passive 3D are not true 1080P 3D but active shutter is. No flicker at all with my 480Hz Samsung.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)