How does E* determine your "need" for a Dish 1000?

DWS44

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2004
Rock Hill, SC
I've read that the 622 lease upgrade fee includes a Dish 1000 if you "need" one. I currently have a Dish 500 for 110/119 and a second dish 500 for 61.5...would I still qualify to get a Dish 1000, or would they see I have 61.5 already and figure I didn't "need" a Dish 1000?
Might be cool to go ahead and add 129 if the Dish 1000 was included.

DWS44 said:
I've read that the 622 lease upgrade fee includes a Dish 1000 if you "need" one. I currently have a Dish 500 for 110/119 and a second dish 500 for 61.5...would I still qualify to get a Dish 1000, or would they see I have 61.5 already and figure I didn't "need" a Dish 1000?
Might be cool to go ahead and add 129 if the Dish 1000 was included.

Since you live on the East Coast, I don't think you "need" one, and Dish probably won't either. But that is just my guess.

the dish 1000 arent in use here either... Im a new customer going to a 622 ASAP and they said it would come with the 1000!

What about current superdish customers. I Dish 1000 won't get me my locals from 105. I already have a SD105 and a D500 pointing at 61.5 that works great. Will they just ship me a 211 to replace my 811?

volkodav said:
according to our 622 training today dish 1000 is included with 622
No it's not.

For YOUR station and a new install it might be, but that's just one TINY part of the picture.

You might want to consider your phrasing to avoid misunderstanding by the thousands of people that read threads here. Damn few of them live near you.

When I am finally allowed to upgrade my 942 for a 622, I plan on de-installing the Dish 300 I have pointing at 61.5 before the installer shows up. I put it up myself so there is no record of me having it. So they will find an old D500 with legacy LNBs and SW21 switches. Sounds like something that will need a radical upgrade to a D1000 and all new LNBs and switches.

I put that old D300 up using all spare parts lying around. I'd love to get rid of all of those legacy LNBs and SW21s. For one thing it takes several minutes to run a checkswitch. And that gear is getting old, most of it has been out there for nearly 8 years.

I think this will make the $99 payment for the upgrade very worthwhile. I strongly suspect they would replace all of it anyway, I just want to make sure it happens.

I also suspect that I will have to go out and tweak the D1000 install afterward. Most of the reports here indicate that many dishes are not properly peaked. My self-installed D500 pulls a signal that is 10 points higher than my neighbor's "professionally installed" D500.

Well I was scheduled for the installation of a Dish 1000 this morning, the installer just called me saying that the 1000 is not available on the East coast, and that I don't need one. When I ordered my 211, the CSR told me that I qualified for the 1000. The installer told me that the Locals will be available on the 61.5 and that I don't need the 1000 after all. Does anybody know if this is true? Will all new HD be available to me? I currently have 110, 119 , 61.5. Please help!!!! I currently subscribe to AEP, HD + Voom; RAI International; Locals; Superstations.

dimi1963 said:
Well I was scheduled for the installation of a Dish 1000 this morning, the installer just called me saying that the 1000 is not available on the East coast, and that I don't need one. When I ordered my 211, the CSR told me that I qualified for the 1000. The installer told me that the Locals will be available on the 61.5 and that I don't need the 1000 after all. Does anybody know if this is true? Will all new HD be available to me? I currently have 110, 119 , 61.5. Please help!!!! I currently subscribe to AEP, HD + Voom; RAI International; Locals; Superstations.
We can't even BEGIN to talk until you tell us which DMA you are in.

Why oh WHY don't newbies enter their location info?

DWS44,
You can swing your 61.5 dish to 129 for the added mpeg4 channels.
This is what I will do - I'll lose 2 sd locals(upn,wb) but gain 5 Voom and univhd and espnhd.

destrada;
the dish 1000 is about same size as a 500 but a bit wider and not as tall - more oval.

Tom Bombadil,
different receivers, sd vs HD, register differently on their meters. HD receivers generally register less.
But the gain on a dish1000 is slightly less on 119 bird.

fred

Fredinva said:
DWS44,
You can swing your 61.5 dish to 129 for the added mpeg4 channels.
This is what I will do - I'll lose 2 sd locals(upn,wb) but gain 5 Voom and univhd and espnhd.

Whats the point? The new Voom and other HD's are supposed to be on 61.5 as well, unless something just changed this past week?

Kirby Baker said:
Whats the point? The new Voom and other HD's are supposed to be on 61.5 as well, unless something just changed this past week?

What about the Local (LIL)? Are they going to be on 61.5 too?

dimi1963 said:
What about the Local (LIL)? Are they going to be on 61.5 too?
As others have posted, there will be LiL on 129, which I didnt even consider, since I cant aim at it. Now if any brave soul wants to volunteer their chain-saw wielding magic, I am quite certain I could then get 129! Note: obstructive trees are not located on my property, volunteer at your own risk! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)