How does PTAT record so much on one tuner?

1. PTAT is designed to record PRIMETIME for the networks/days selected. Doesn't matter whether new or old it is doing exactly what it is supposed to and recording the primetime block of programming.

2. If you select a series to record from the guide it will default to record only new if the episode selected is new, if a rerun both new an old episodes will be recorded. If I remember correctly the x22 series DVRS work the same.

3. If you select to save a series from PTAT it will default to new and old, you can edit timer to change.

I myself prefer to create timers using method #2

Have you tried to set up a timer on a non PTAT event? It works just the way you described and you can even press record 1, 2 or 3 times to get it to record in different fashions.
I knew from here, though not the exact details, that hitting the 'record' once would record just that event and hitting it twice would record the series. I didn't know there was a push-record-three-times option though nor am I aware that the Hopper tells you these tricks. Does it ?

2. If you select a series to record from the guide it will default to record only new if the episode selected is new, if a rerun both new an old episodes will be recorded. If I remember correctly the x22 series DVRS work the same.
I didn't know that. That's very intuitive as this has been a complaint (that is, default to recording "ALL") for a long time (not just H/J DVRs). Just like above though, does it tell you that it's recording "only new" or "new and reruns" ?

I don't think it is documented anywhere on the Hopper but pressing record 3x brings up the timer edit screen.
I'm sure there's more than one way to skin the cat (bring up the timer edit screen).

I'm not sure what you're debating with me. I understand how it works...

PTAT is NOT about recording only new shows, but abou always recording the entire block of big 4 net programming that creates greater value bt having access to ANY program for 8 days that allows one playback a program, first run or not, because of recommendations from friends or other viewers. This partly how PTAT is marketed. PTAT represents a record or reference or library of the weeks programm7ng and I would mighty upset if a friend recommened a TV show and I went to PTAT and it did NOT record the show because it was a repeat. I jusr want to watch the last show aired, perhaps specifically recmmened because it was a great episode that was repeated. That is the real advantage to PTAT: it does NOT not record selectivly; it always records everything for you to pick and choose. Otnerwise, just set your own timers and the Hopper will still use only one tuner for all big 4 nets recording at the same time. Every feature can not meet each individual's personal taste.

PTAT is NOT about recording only new shows, but abou always recording the entire block of big 4 net programming that creates greater value bt having access to ANY program for 8 days that allows one playback a program, first run or not, because of recommendations from friends or other viewers. This partly how PTAT is marketed. PTAT represents a record or reference or library of the weeks programm7ng and I would mighty upset if a friend recommened a TV show and I went to PTAT and it did NOT record the show because it was a repeat. I jusr want to watch the last show aired, perhaps specifically recmmened because it was a great episode that was repeated. That is the real advantage to PTAT: it does NOT not record selectivly; it always records everything for you to pick and choose. Otnerwise, just set your own timers and the Hopper will still use only one tuner for all big 4 nets recording at the same time. Every feature can not meet each individual's personal taste.
Everyone's personal taste? Come on. The ability to record only new episodes should be part of recording 101. This feature is not a minor function, it's a primary function. I understand that PTAT is something new but how many DVR's from any company do not allow for the recording of NEW EPISODES ONLY?

You want to set a timer for new only, do it. PTAT records everything on 4 nets during prime time. It is useless to complain that your station wagon isn't a dune buggy.

Everyone's personal taste? Come on. The ability to record only new episodes should be part of recording 101. This feature is not a minor function, it's a primary function. I understand that PTAT is something new but how many DVR's from any company do not allow for the recording of NEW EPISODES ONLY?
Turn off PTAT. Picked the programs you want and record them using the "Only new" option.

Turn off PTAT. Picked the programs you want and record them using the "Only new" option.

Or...

Turn on PTAT. Pick the programs you want and record them using the "Only new" option. This way, all PTAT shows are recorded using a single timer.

These programs will conveniently be placed in your My Recordings folder. [/QUOTE]

Or...

Turn on PTAT. Pick the programs you want and record them using the "Only new" option. This way, all PTAT shows are recorded using a single timer.

These programs will conveniently be placed in your My Recordings folder.
[/QUOTE]

You do this by Save Series, and then Only New. It will save in your space and hold it until you tell it to delete.

What are you so confused by? You do understand that you can record only new episodes correct? It works just like Dish's other receivers. I think you just need to completely forget about PTAT because it seems to be confusing you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts