How does the 622 differ from the 722

722: 500gb HD, Black, Sling ready.
622: 350gb HD, Silver, No Sling.

i had to,all he had he said
With the ability to add an External Hard Drive (EHD) I don't think the difference will even be noticeable. We have a 622 and a 722k. Were the 622 to need replacement we'd be happy with either a 622, a 722, or a 722k.

622 is a nice receiver,however they no longer manufacture them.So that means all you can get is a refurbished unit.We have had a string of not so good 622's over last year or so.

Teehar said:
622 is a nice receiver,however they no longer manufacture them.So that means all you can get is a refurbished unit.We have had a string of not so good 622's over last year or so.

As of right now when replacing a 622 and dish shipping them you get a 722. When techs go out never know.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using SatelliteGuys

If you have any interest in the Sling Adapter, try to take them up on that.

I ran a 622 for 3 years. It was an absolute workhorse. I got a smokin' deal on a new 722 so I retired the 622. I really didn't notice any difference in PQ. I already had an EHD hooked up, so IHD capacity really isn't an issue. Sling technology is wasted on me.
Yes, all 622's are refurbs (for some time now) and I'm pretty sure all non-K 722's are also all refurbs at this point.
If my 722 decides to prematurely bite the dust, I would have no problem pulling the 622 out of mothballs and placing it back in service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)