Problem with dish at my apartment. No signal

Symbol

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
Puerto Rico
We got dish service at our apartment around 2 months ago with a 222k installed.

Went there last Saturday and when I plugged the receiver's power, it started up normally and then it said; Attempting to acquire signal followed by a no signal message.

I went to menu 6-1-1 and there was no signal on both tuners.
Did a check switch and it didn't go past test 1
took the receiver home and it worked fine.

I am 99% sure its a bad switch or an alignment problem, what do you guys think? We had strong storms in the area recently with strong winds.

I scheduled a tech visit for Wednesday but I was told I could cancel it if I somehow fixed it by Tomorrow.

Thanks guys :D

"We had strong storms in the area recently with strong winds."

If you know how to align it, I would just try that. You seem to already think that is what it is, I would agree.

the problem is that the building has 5 floors and I have no access to the roof, the only way is for the dish tech to call the security guard to get access through the service elevator. (They're very strict only allow "certified installers to use it" weather its for an A/c unit or satellite service)

If the Apt complex only allows certified people up there, would there be any other choice than having a tech come out?

If you PM account info, I can help set up the appointment for you.

Thanks Matt, I already got the appointment setup via chat.
The tech will come out on wednesday to check up on things, glad to have the protection plan.

We got dish service at our apartment around 2 months ago with a 222k installed.

Went there last Saturday and when I plugged the receiver's power, it started up normally and then it said; Attempting to acquire signal followed by a no signal message.

I went to menu 6-1-1 and there was no signal on both tuners.
Did a check switch and it didn't go past test 1
took the receiver home and it worked fine.

I am 99% sure its a bad switch or an alignment problem, what do you guys think? We had strong storms in the area recently with strong winds.

I scheduled a tech visit for Wednesday but I was told I could cancel it if I somehow fixed it by Tomorrow.

Thanks guys :D
You might want to reconsider unplugging the receiver, That stops the flow of data from the satellite dish to the receiver. With the new purple cards they will deactivate if they don't see a satellite signal to keep them authorized

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)