How does the info get in the guide?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dhj

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 6, 2010
Monroe Valley Pennsylvania
I've wondered about how the info gets in the guide. Some channels seem to have the same issues as before transition and I suspect we are just getting a portion of the same old Moto guide.
If this is the case, too bad a little more couldn't be opened up such as the NET channels.

For example today, Planet Green was nothing like the guide said. As in the old days I went to TitanTV and got better info. Seems like they would all be getting the same info from the same sources.

TVPro; don't get all worked up now. My subs good for months yet and I plan to renew as long as there's something available. Just curious how the info gets there and why it doesn't agree with other sources.

Dave

Yes, yes, I've seen your site! Hope Iceberg gets a nickel every time you advertise here. Had to go there to see the numbers after the subscriber tease you posted yesterday.

I don't think any amount of resets will correct bad headend data input or magically add the PBS channels to the guide. It does fix a corrupted guide in the receiver.

Thanks for the Tribune info, will do a search on that. Dave

my HITS guide shows channels not even mapped in LOL

It's interesting that the other channel data shows up randomly for other satellites. At first, I thought it was from having other tiles selected in memory but I now know it's not the case since I have only X4. I was watching for a pattern to see when or how it occurred. Then I had a thought, perhaps other TPs on 105W had some other data when using generics that spilled over? I haven't witnessed it since removing the generics. Perhaps using a 410 on H2H it's not noticed but shows as a glitch using a 4D receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)