how does the PVR option work?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

briffaman

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 19, 2010
new york
Hi just wondering why is it not possible to record on your PVR receiver without paying the 7 dollar monthly fee, or would it still work?

but im asking what does it enable, like why cant the DVR record with subscribing to the service, isnt the recording hardware the receiver right so, when i pay the 7 dollars a month is it that the 2 output cables from the dish are active and without the 7 dollar subscription then only one cable output from the dish is active, so hypathetically if u were to suscrible to a second receiver for 5 dollars you could just use that cable output from the dish and put it in the DVR and save 2 bucks right?

All companies charge for this feature because of softeware. I will bet much of it has to do licensing agreements for guide and other features. I just view the $7 as well worth it. Shift to Charter and check out their cost.

Hi just wondering why is it not possible to record on your PVR receiver without paying the 7 dollar monthly fee, or would it still work?

Just like the hardware is perfectly capable of delivering all the premium channels to your TV without payment, it is capable of DVR service without payment. You pay for the service to get the service.

Whether or not the service costs DirecTV anything (which it does), if they can get away with charging for it, they will.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts