How Does the Signal Actually Travel from Dish to House?

brgmgb

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 4, 2010
Indiana
We have a Dish 500 dish with two LNBs and twin coax from the dish to the basement. In the basement, there is a 4-way splitter/diplexer? The two coax are input with four outputs. I thought each incoming coax line carried the signal from one of the LNBs but apparently not.

When we had a new roof put on two years ago, the Dish installer moved the dish and ran new coax. Now, one of the incoming coax lines is directly connected to the line running to the DVR (with splitter directly behind DVR for input to TV1 and TV2). The other coax is directly connected to the line running to the bedroom's box. The splitter/diplexer/?? is completely bypassed.

I noticed this when looking on how to change our setup to have the DVR TV2 go upstairs and move the single receiver box (I think it is a 322) downstairs.

My questions: Do we have a standard setup? If we upgrade to HD and new DVR, would this setup have to change?

I ave a dish pro + connected to a DP34 with a additional single lnb dish pro to the DP 34 for a total 3 inputs and four outputs for years and have great signals

boba said:
Are you sure? Legacy can't be mixed with Dish Pro. Sounds more like Dish Pro LNBs connected to a DP34 switch.

He said dish pro plus. And that would be correct.

How is tv 2 getting it's signal currently? straight from the receiver or are you sure there's not a diplexer somewhere?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)