How Does TV2 on 622 Receiver Work?

vtqn

Original poster
Nov 1, 2008
Currently my receiver 622 and TV1 are in the bedroom. TV2 is in the living room. In the back of TV2, a coaxial cable is connecting to a wall outlet. Since TV2 is receiving signal through channel 72, this connection to the wall outlet is not necessary. Is this correct?

I am asking the question because I want to rearrange the living room and move TV2 to a different corner, which is a bit of a distance from the wall outlet.

Thank you

It's not OTA.

The TV2 output is not broadcast over the air. It's a cable connection. It's hard wire out of the box, but there may be a device that could be connected to the TV2 output and broadcast that way. It's just one of those things I never looked into.

Could you please explain how the signal comes out of the receiver and "arrive" at TV2? Looking at the back of the receiver, I only see inputs, no outputs.

Coax is 2 way. The TV2 coax port is an output. Their is a device on the inputs called a diplexer that enables a NTSC signal to be carried on the same line as the satellite cable. Another diplexer separates it for use by the second TV.

And if you're wondering about the antenna, that's for the UHF remote, not the TV signal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts