How far does a spotbeam go?

terpsmandan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 7, 2008
Somewhere near here
I can get a good signal on 61.5 tp 1 which is where Cleveland OH HD locals are, but I am 250 miles from Cleveland as the crow flies. How far does the spotbeam go? I have a good address and my local LIL is not even on schedule to go to HD any time soon. thanks for any help.

I can get a good signal on 61.5 tp 1 which is where Cleveland OH HD locals are, but I am 250 miles from Cleveland as the crow flies. How far does the spotbeam go? I have a good address and my local LIL is not even on schedule to go to HD any time soon. thanks for any help.

When I looked for you last week, you were on the edge of the Cleveland beam. If you are getting the signal, I'd say go for it.

Sounds like some one wants to move. If you are getting a good signal from the spot then you are in it. Does it read spotbeam when tuning to the tp you are talking about?

Yep, you should get it fine. The problem is going to be when storms roll in. It is highly likely that this transponder will drop out before others in a bad storm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)